Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend Reads

Is anyone else still suffering from a major food coma? The thing about my family is that we eat two Thanksgiving dinners on Thursday, then we typically get together again to eat leftovers on Friday and again on Saturday. So basically, for four straight days I am constantly stuffing (pun intended) food in my face. I'm not complaining though, this is my favorite time of year and I always relish in the time I can spend with family and friends. 
In addition to eating I've been doing a lot of online shopping which is a major accomplishment for me. I don't like going to the mall on Black Friday but I was able to grab some deals online and I got a bunch of stuff for my mom (shhh don't tell her!). Why deal with the crowds when you can buy presents online from the comforts of your bed while wearing Christmas pajamas?!

Anyways, here is some weekend reads/obsessions I have this week:
  • My favorite blog planner is 25% off today on Heart & Arrow Design's Etsy page. So even though I was supposed to be strictly online shopping for family, I did order this as an early gift for myself!
  • I am obsessed with Amy Poehler's new book Yes Please. My parents bought it for me for my birthday two weeks ago and I haven't been able to put it down. If you're looking for a good book for yourself or your close friends this is definitely something you should look into. Amy is so smart, and witty but most of all I found her incredibly relatable despite her major superstardom.
  • Have you seen the new trailer for Jurassic World? My 8-year old self is trembling in her boots with excitement and my 25-year old self's heart is aflutter because my new celebrity crush Chris Pratt is the lead character. It's definitely my most anticipated movie of 2015.
  • For those of you who still have the shopping bug after yesterdays big day, make sure you go out and support your local businesses on Small Business Saturday. Every year my dad and I head over to this local sweater store where they sell hand knit sweaters and get my mom something for Christmas. It's become a holiday tradition for years now, but it always feels good to support the small stores during the holiday season.
  • Still hungry? We have some great recipes newly posted on The Undeniable Report including homemade soups and gnocchi in roasted red pepper sauce. Also be sure to check out my health article on why you shouldnt skip breakfast
  • Did anyone else get pummeled with snow last Wednesday night? I styled my favorite cobalt blue coat in a post discussing how to beat the winter blues.
Are you shopping on Small Business Saturday or still recovering from a food coma?
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Great reads, the yes please book sounds very interesting, I may just have to pick that up. I have unfortunately been dealing with this super bad fever/cold thing that came yesterday. So I mean not food coma, but still just taking it easy. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely still in a food coma! thanks for sharing these links, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look so delicious! I'll have to add Yes Please to my reading book since I find Amy Poehler absolutely hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving that blog planner! I need it! And thanks for the rest of the links! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been meaning to buy that blog planner! Thanks for the links and hope you are enjoying the long holiday weekend!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo