Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving: Sharing My Favorite Recipes

Happy Thanksgiving Friends!
I have been looking forward to this day for quite a long time and it's one of my favorite holidays. As most of you all know, I'm quite the foodie. I really enjoy cooking and I'm constantly looking at new recipes to try. But today isn't about cooking for me, it's all about eating! I spend my Thanksgiving at my uncles house where I leave the cooking up to him. I literally fast all morning long in preparation for stuffing my face with turkey, stuffing and pies later today. Anyways, I hope your day is filled with my three favorites F's: Family, Food and Fun!

Since today is all about food, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite recipes that I have made over the years. 
  • My personal all time favorite meal is my mom's eggplant parmesan. It's a family favorite and we even eat it on Thanksgiving night as Dinner #2!
  • Looking for a great last minute side dish for Thanksgiving dinner? Try this easy and delicious acorn squash recipe that will melt in your mouth.
  • If you're trying to detox after stuffing your face with calories this weekend, this chicken pot pie recipe is healthy and yummy.
  • My two favorite genre's of food are Italian and Mexican, I could eat them every day and be fat/happy. These crock pot steak fajitas give the perfect amount of spice and flavor.
  • Is breakfast your favorite meal of the day? You might want to try this baked cinnamon french toast, which is perfect for celebrating on Christmas morning.
  • I can't end this post without a dessert recipe! These Reese's peanut butter cup bars will have you having second and third helpings of dessert.
  • Finally, with winter around the corner everyone needs something to warm the belly. My family recipe for minestra is the perfect home cooked meal.
What are your Thanksgiving traditions?
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Mmm baked cinnamon french toast sounds amazing! Happy Thanksgiving Alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo