Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Blanket Scarf

 
I was so excited when I arrived home from the mall on Friday to find my Brina Box Blanket Scarf waiting for me on my doorstep. I had ordered it a couple weeks ago, but with the large demand of blanket scarves for fall, they told me to expect at least 2 weeks for delivery. It was well worth the wait because it's really nice quality and very soft. With the weather starting to drop in the 518 I was anxious to wear it, and had been brainstorming so many items I could pair it with. This scarf is definitely going to be one of my fall wardrobe staples.

Scarf Brina Box // Top Michael Kors, old (love this Gap version) // Jeans Gap

Bag Dooney & Bourke, last season (here is this seasons)

Ways to wear the blanket scarf:
  • Ditch the fall coat and pair it with an oversized chunky cable knit sweater like this one for chillier days.
  • Try pattern play like I did and wear it over a striped tee like this tee or this one! Not looking to mix patterns just yet? A classic chambray top adds extra texture to the plaid pattern.
  • Use it as a shawl over a basic white tee and ripped black jeans like Consuelo did. I'm definitely trying to recreate this look next!
  • Use it as an outerwear accessory and wear it over my new favorite Field Jacket.
Flats J Crew Factory, old (other colors available here)

Side Note: I'm obsessed with these J Crew Factory Anya suede ballet flats. They super comfortable and I have them in 5 different pairs because once I find a comfortable flat that bends with my feet I buy them in bulk!


How are you wearing your blanket scarf?
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that blanket scarf! They are so perfect for the fall/winter weather!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love scarves and a blanket scarf is on my list of things I would like to add to my wardrobe! Love it and your outfit!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I want a blanket scarf!

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been seeing blanket scarves all over- they are so perfect and look cozy as well! I love the way you styled it as well, the pattern mixing is great.

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay you finally got your blanket scarf! Thanks so much for telling us different ways to style it! I been wanting to wear mine with a striped tee. Looks great on you!

    Puppies and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the blanket scarf! It looks so cozy and warm.
    The Doctor Diva

    ReplyDelete
  7. darling scarf! www.shotgunsandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo