Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday Thought + Final 25 Before 25 Update

Today is my last day of being 24 and I'm spending it in Disney World, doesn't get much better than that! So much has happened in the past year and I've done a lot of reflecting lately. Within the year I got a new job, traveled outside the country for the first time in my life, made new life long friends, grew as a blogger and made so many new memories. This was my first full year that I was no longer in school and entered "the real world" and I feel very happy with all I've accomplished this year. In the past, another year older would make me anxious but I feel this year I've grown a lot as a person and I look forward to the new adventures I'll experience at 25. Special thanks to all of you, who have been spectators to my life for over a year and a half now. Each day you continue to motivate me to do more and work harder.
Last birthday I made a 25 Before 25 list of things I wanted to achieve and do before I turned 25. It was fun to look back every few months and check a few things off my list. I must admit, I did not achieve everything but I did do a lot and I hope that during this upcoming year I can cross off those last remaining things on the list and add a couple of more things to my goal list.

Here is the list:
  1. Spa Day: FAIL! I got a couple facials but I still haven't pampered myself with a massage. I definitely need to fix that this year, because I've wanted to get a massage for so many years now!
  2. Plan Another Girls Trip: Success! We're in the happiest place on earth as I speak!
  3. Visit Chicago (again): Check! Went to Chicago last August and I'm hoping to get out there again spring 2015 and again in the summer.
  4. Expand My Blog: Always a work in progress but I have come a long way in a year, even getting a few sponsors! My next project is getting a new blog design, it's time for an update!
  5. Build Up My Savings Account: I basically drained my savings to pay for graduate school and I was desperate to have a strong savings once again. This is another work in progress, but I can say that I made leaps and bounds and I no longer shudder when I think of my current savings.
  6. Start and finish Breaking Bad: FAIL! Only watched a few episodes... maybe I'll start back up again when all the fall shows go on hiatus during the holiday month.
  7. Read More Books: Check! I read 24 books this year which is a major accomplishment! This year I'm hoping to read 25 more (and also invest in a library card because books can be expensive).
  8. Take More Pictures: Check! I tried to me more away and take photos when I go on vacations but at the same time, I enjoy living in the moment and not worrying about making sure everything is captured on film.
  9. Go to a New York Knick Game: FAIL! I still really want to get down to the city and see a game at the Garden... maybe this year?!
  10. See a Broadway Show: Achieved! I saw Book of Mormon last winter and loved it!
  11. Go see the Lights in the Park in Albany: FAIL! This is a Christmas event so with the holidays coming up maybe I'll head over there this year.
  12. Take a Cooking Class: FAIL! Still on my to-do list.
  13. Organize my Accessories: Always a work in progress but I did make things a little more bearable by getting a shoe rack and jewelry rack.
  14. Plan a Dinner Party: Nope, didn't do this.
  15. Get a Fun Manicure: Yes! I got a fun mani last Labor Day and I want to get another one for Christmas.
  16. Drink More Water: I now bring a tumbler filled with water everyday to work with me!
  17. Attend a Concert: Saw Bruce Springsteen last April!
  18. Get a Signature Drink: Maybe I'm just meant to experiment.
  19. Treat myself to an expensive piece of jewelry: I think I'm just a cheap statement jewelry kind of girl, haha!
  20. Take an exercise class: Hot yoga was quite an experience. 
  21. Wear bright lipstick: Fail all around
  22. Clean out my Closet: Check! Twice a year purging is key!
  23. Apply for a Reality Show: Triple check, applied for Survivor twice and we sent a video in for Family Feud too... still waiting for a call back though.
  24. Try new restaurants: Always a work in progress but I did go to some cool places this year.
  25. Continue to promote myself professionally: Another work in progress but I have taken several state tests and continue to look for jobs. Hopefully this year those tests will pay off and I'll find a new job at the state with better pay. 

Did you make a goal list this year?
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. That's a great list Alex!

    Nathalie | THE COVETING
    http://www.thecoveting.be/2014/11/h-statement-vest.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your list! I'll definitely need to do a 21-before-21 list!

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful list!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo