Monday, November 17, 2014

25

I'm a quarter of a century old today. 
OMG. 
It still hasn't sunk in yet. Maybe because I spent my 25th birthday weekend in Disney World like a real adult (ha!). 24 was a really good year for me filled with many memories and adventures and I'm looking forward to seeing what 25 had in store. Signs that I'm getting older are not lost on me though, after spending the past 5 days in Florida with friends I'm looking forward to flying home today and getting a nice quiet dinner with my parents (real wild and crazy, right?!). I'm a firm believer that life will only continue to get better, there are so many wonderful things to look forward to.

Last year I made a 25 before 25 list and you can read my results in yesterdays post, but this year I opted not to create another list. I feel like trying to come up with 26 goals all at once can be difficult and instead I'd like to build on my goals throughout the year instead because as I grow as a person my dreams and goals change and I want the leniency to change them over the next 365 days. However, there are a few things I would really like to accomplish so I started out with 5 goals for the year, which doesn't seem as intimidating!

Goals for 25:
  • I'd like to travel to at least two places that I've never visited before. The past two years I've been making an attempt to go on more adventures but there are so many places I would love to visit both inside the US and outside, so I'm hoping by going to at least two new places a year, I'll be able to check these places off my bucket list year by year.
  • Read 25 books in one year. I can't tell you how accomplished I felt when I achieved my goal of reading 24 books before I turned 25. It was a close call since I only finished my 24th book a few days ago but this year I'd like to read 25 more. 
  • Do something out of my comfort zone. I'm not sure what this will be yet, but hopefully something exciting will happen this year that I can say made me be more adventurous. Spontaneity is not my strong point, I tend to be a type-A planner but I'm trying to change that!
  • Take a cooking class. This is something I really wanted to do last year but never got around to it, and I regretted it. I love to cook but I want to expand my horizons and learn the basics so I can improve on my skills.
  • Get a new job. I really do love my job now and the people I work with are great but it's not something I can see myself doing for the rest of my life, mainly because the pay just doesn't cut it. I'd like to continue to work for New York State, but possibly moving into a different department with more opportunities for advancement is more up my alley. 
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. oh happy birthday!! hope disney was a blast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disney World was a great idea! Happy Birthday girly! I think your goals are great!!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy birthday girl!!

    XO, Nathalie
    http://www.thecoveting.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!! I am so jealous that you got to spend so much time at Disney World, perfect place to end your 24th year. Your goals are amazing. All of your goals will help you grow and shape yourself into the wonderful person you are going to become.

    P.S. i would die for a cooking class. It just sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! These goals are great - I've been trying to make a bucket list for my first year out of college to make sure that I don't feel too totally lost and alone. I doubt my list will include going out of my comfort zone (I'll be doing enough of that!) but these are some great ideas!

    xo
    Olivia
    prepessentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to take a cooking class too! Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo