Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Taking the Black

I hope all you Game of Thrones fans get my title reference because this faux fur vest totally makes me feel like I'm about to visit Jon Snow on the Wall! I've wanted a faux fur vest for years now and I always put it off because I was looking for the perfect one to add to my wardrobe. Well I finally found what I was looking for in this perfect vest from Banana Republic (which I scored for 40% off)! I can definitely see this vest becoming a wardrobe staple of mine because it's very soft and warm and it's perfect for running errands in. I typically hate wearing coats whenever I go to the mall or go grocery shopping because I get really hot, but this provides the perfect amount of warm and still keeps my arms free. 
Another wardrobe staple of mine are these brown combat boots that I bought last year at the Nine West Outlet for $30. I call them my "Walking Dead" boots because I feel like this is what I would wear in the zombie apocalypse when I was hiking through the woods, haha. They are a fun twist from the traditional riding boots we see so many wearing during the fall and I plan to pair them with a thick high sock when it starts to get colder out.




Faux Fur Vest // Plaid Top J Crew Factory (old) (similar version here and here)
Leggings // Boots Nine West (old) (similar here)
Bag Michael Kors (available on eBay here) // Sunglasses // Necklace

How are you styling your faux fur vest for fall?
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. You look frickin' fabulous!! Love this vest on you, so glad you got it!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are totally rocking this look. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! That faux-fur vest is to die for!

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome in that outfit!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look fantastic alex! haha love how you refer to your boots as "the walking dead boots". love that fur vest!

    xo, carli
    Puppies and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo