Tuesday, November 18, 2014

New Recipe: Acorn Squash

Happy Tasty Tuesday!
I have a delicious fall side dish to share with you today that would be perfect to serve with Thanksgiving dinner. For the first time this year I tried acorn squash and I couldn't believe I wasted all these years of my life avoiding it because it was so yummy. With this recipe your guests will be impressed with your cooking skills on Thanksgiving, and you will laugh to yourself because it will only take you minutes to prepare this treat!

Ingredients:
  • Acorn Squash (depending on how many people you are serving, I use 1/2 a squash per person)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (per 1 squash)
  • 4 tbsp butter (per 1 squash)

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375
  • Cut acorn squash in half and scoop the seeds into the garbage.
  • In the hallow center place 2 tbsp butter and 1/4 cup of brown sugar in each half of the squash.
  • Wrap each half in foil.
  • Bake in oven for an hour and a half, the brown sugar and butter will melt into the squash adding amazing flavor.
  • Remove foil (be careful they're hot), and enjoy!


Have you ever made acorn squash before?
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was as a good a cook as you! All of your recipes look wonderful!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo