Tuesday, July 8, 2014

New Recipe: Stuffed Peppers

Happy Tasty Tuesday!
The past few weeks I've been on a bit of a writers block when it comes to recipes. I'm normally pretty creative when trying new things for dinner and it's not uncommon to find me spending my Sunday afternoons searching Pinterest for recipes ideas for the week. However, since summer has started I've spent most of my weekend time by the pool and my dinner creativity has suffered. Not to mention the fact that my diet has mostly consisted of hot dogs and hamburgers since the start of June. I could easy just post any old recipe I find, but I really pride myself on posting recipes that I have first hand made myself (or have seen a family member make). It feels more authentic that way and since this blog is all about my life, I want the recipes I post to be more personal. Fear not readers, I have some excellent recipes coming up in the next few weeks that I believe you all will love starting with these delicious stuffed peppers!

Ingredients:
  • 4 large green peppers
  • 1lb ground beef
  • 2 tablespoons chopped onions
  • 1 cup cooked rice (I buy the minute rice you can microwave)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • dash of pepper
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 medium tomato, chopped
  • 8 oz can of tomato sauce
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp basil 
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Fill a large sauce pan with water and bring to a boil.
  • Cut tops of peppers out, removing the seeds and insides so they are hollow.
  • Place peppers into boiling water and let boil for 5 minutes, drain water and set peppers aside.
  • In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion, and drain remnants of water.
  • Add microwaved rice, salt, pepper, ketchup and tomato; mix well.
  • Spoon mixture into cooked peppers and place peppers in a shallow baking pan (I use those aluminum throw away pans).
  • In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, sugar and basil together and spoon sauce mixture on top of peppers.
  • Bake in over for 30-40 minutes, take peppers out and sprinkle with cheese then bake again for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted on top.
  • Enjoy!

**Side note: my friend Megan made my buffalo chicken enchiladas the other night and I wanted to share the picture because they looked great! You can find all my recipes at the top of my blog under the recipe tab! If you ever decide to use one of my recipes, take a picture and send it to me I will feature you on Monster Misa!** 
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to find a great recipe for these, and this looks totally doable!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so delicious!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! We were on a big stuffed pepper kick like 6 months ago and just bought stuff on Sunday to make them again this week!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. stuffed peppers....love. i make all the time!
    www.shotgunsandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo