Monday, July 7, 2014

Born in the USA

Skirt J Crew // Lace Crop Top Express  // Necklace Kate Spade // Clutch Kate Spade // Sandals Tommy Hilfiger
Cheers Bangle C Wonder (out of stock) // Coral Bracelet Chloe and Isabel that I won from Kelly // Rings C Wonder

I am seriously bumming that its Monday again, time really flies when you're having fun. So in a flashback to last weekend I wanted to share with you what I wore to celebrate July 4th. I decided early on that red, white and blue would be my colors of choice but then I quickly realized that I really don't own anything red. I'm not exactly sure why since I'm never one to shy away from bright colors but I tend to gravitate towards other hues leaving a lack of red in my closet. Now I'm on the hunt for the perfect red dress (since my spending freeze is now officially over, wooohoooo).
Anyways, I made up for the lack of red in my outfit by adding some red to my patriotic nails. I'm especially loving the one gold nail with gold sparkles. Last holiday season my nails were this gold color for the entire month of December but since it's warmed up I haven't found a reason to pull out the gold polish again until now. Also I've recently added more crop tops to my collection. Last summer I bought a black short sleeved crop top to pair with a high waisted skirt I owned and really loved the way it accentuated my waist. I knew this summer I wanted to invest in a few more. I'm definitely not a fan of the full stomach hanging out but I think they can look cute with pencil skirts or something similar to this navy skirt in the photo. I got this lace top from Express on the clearance rack for $10 and paired it with a white bandeau top since it was sheer. Overall, this way the perfect fourth of July outfit because it was comfortable and stylish at the same time.




Whats the one color that your closet is lacking?
xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Your OOTD posts really are great!! I love that clutch and that top - so perfect for summer, and July!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit, so patriotic! The clutch looks absolutely beautiful with it!

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with this outfit! So well put together :) And that clutch is amazing!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's no surprise to me but I lack black! If there is a pink or black item- I always choose pink! I need more neutrals to make my closet more dynamic. Love your outfit- especially the clutch!

    -the Preppy Student

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so much blue in my wardrobe! I I love the clutch too! Hope you had a lovely fourth!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    https://thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your lace top! That outfit is perfect!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realized as I was getting ready for a party on the Fourth of July that I didn't have any red either! Had to settle for bright red toes and a red hair tie! Lol

    Sydney
    Toodlebelle's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit! I don't own any red either besides a winter scarf, haha. I usually just go for red lips on the 4th!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg, your nails! LOVE!!! I don't own much red either, but I'm not a fan of wearing it; I'd rather accessorize with it! I wear my red high heels every chance I get :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute clutch--I'm crushing!
    XO
    Salli

    www.stylebysalli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo