Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cape May Recap

Hey there!
I'm officially back from Cape May but I think I left my heart at the ocean. Being back to work today is a real bummer, I'm a firm believer that everyone deserves a vacation after their vacation but alas I have to suffer through two days of work before the weekend. I had a wonderful five days in Cape May NJ with my family. Not going to lie, it was nice to step away from the computer and have some serious rest and relaxation (as well as plenty of family time). I wanted to share a few photos with you and talk a little about my trip. Hopefully after this I will be back on blogging track by the weekend with plenty of OOTDs from my trip.




My days were spent at the beach. I wish I could come back from this trip and tell you all the crazy adventures I went on but really I spent most of my time catching rays and reading books by the water. We lucked out again and had wonderful weather, it was a little windier than we are used to (I'm pretty sure this is the first time I wasn't sweating all afternoon in the sun). I could spend every day of my life sitting on the beach, I'm actually quite jealous of those who have access to the ocean every day because if I had the option to come home from work and unwind by the water I would do it in a heartbeat.

It's tradition that every year we stay at The Grand Hotel. They have a beautiful view that overlooks the ocean and an amazing breakfast buffet that keeps us coming every July. I like the Grand because it's only a short walk (or trolley ride) into town but it's still a little farther away from the crowds. It allows for plenty of room on the beach without having to be on top of your neighbors. 


Our nights are just as laid back as our afternoons. We normally walk into town and grab a bite to eat followed by some shopping in the town mall. They have some great little shops as well as plenty of places to stop and grab ice cream along the way. One of my favorite things to do though is to walk along the side streets and admire all the Victorian homes. They all have the prettiest colors and themes. Most of them have been turned into Bed and Breakfasts but I would love to own one and make it into a family home where my entire family could come visit and hang out by the beach. 
Overall, it was a wonderful vacation but it was nice to come home and see Misa who I missed terribly while I was gone. Hope you all have been having a wonderful week so far! Once I unpack and settle in I can get back into the swing of things on this blog of mine, thanks for letting me take a little five day hiatus.

Where is your favorite family vacation spot?
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Such pretty pictures! It looks like you had a fun time Alex!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cape May looks absolutely stunning! Plus, we love a good bed & breakfast – looks like we'll have to add this to our list of sister trips too!

    xo, K
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cape May looks like a gorgeous little vacation spot! I've never been, but may have to add it to my wanderlust list!

    Sydney
    Toodlebelle's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. We (my family) have a shore house in Avalon which is just north of Cape May. Happy you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo