Tuesday, July 1, 2014

New Recipe: 4th of July Strawberries

Happy Tasty Tuesday!
Only 3 more days until the 4th of July and I'm sure plenty of you are heading off to a cook-out this weekend and are looking for something quick and easy to bring with you. Well, you're in luck because today I am sharing my friend Nicole's recipe for chocolate dipped strawberries with a 'Merica twist. She brought these to a 4th of July party we attended last year and she was the hit of the party so I knew that when I was looking for a recipe to share with you guys this week that I would turn to her. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of fresh strawberries
  • 1 package of white melting chocolate (found in the baking section)
  • Blue sprinkles or blue decorating crystals (also found in the baking section or at a local craft store, like Michaels).
Directions:
  • Melt white chocolate in microwave according to package directions, be sure to stir often so it doesn't clump together. 
  • While chocolate is microwaving, wash strawberries under faucet and dry off. 
  • Dip strawberries into chocolate 2/3rd the way so there is still strawberry visible at the top.
  • Then roll the tip of the berries into the sprinkles/crystals.
  • Put in refrigerator until ready to serve. 
  • Cheer USA USA before consuming.
Do you have any patriotic recipes you make special for this upcoming holiday?
**Thanks again Nicole for sharing with me**
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. This looks so good! Strawberries really are a great summer staple for dessert!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh you have saved the day! i was looking for something festive to make that didn't cost us 4000 calories. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made these before! They're perfect for a cookout!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute idea!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM SO MAKING THESE! They looks so yummy:)
    xx-
    Cathleen
    Classy Cathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! (The last step is my favorite, haha!)
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the last step! If something has chocolate in it and strawberries..I'm sold!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo