Tuesday, July 22, 2014

New Recipe: Cheeseburger Pie

Happy Tasty Tuesday Friends!
 Lately I've been contacting friends and family and asking them to share some of their favorite recipes they make. Not only does it give me plenty of ideas that I can use at home, but it inspires me to be a little more creative and reinvent recipes that I already have. My friend Emily makes a fabulous cheeseburger pie (made with ground turkey!) that she's been telling me that I have to try so I wanted to share it all with you today!

Ingredients:
  • 1lb ground turkey
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 green pepper chopped
  • 1 tomato chopped
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup bisquick
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Cook ground turkey, peppers, and onion in a pan until meat is fully cooked. 
  • Spread ground turkey mixture into the bottom of a glass pie baking pan and sprinkle cheddar cheese and chopped tomatoes on top.
  • In a separate bowl, mix together Bisquick, milk and eggs and pour mixture over the meat and cheese (FYI the Bisquick mixture will be runny... don't panic).
  • Top with remaining cheese and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
  • Enjoy!
**Thanks Em for sharing another great recipe**
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Looks so yammy..I should try it ;)

    http://butterfly9999.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My great grandmother used to make those, they are so delicious!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH this looks AMAZING!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo