Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Thought + Weekend Recap

Happy Sunday!
Yesterday I spent a lot of my afternoon checking out Pinterest for some inspiration. I stumbled across this quote and I loved it. The past few years I've gotten more and more comfortable in my own skin and I no longer compromise who I am as a person. I have some exciting things coming up that I will be sharing with you guys in the near future and they involve taking risks, trying new things and trusting my gut, which is why I thought this quote was fitting for todays post.

Here is a quick recap of my weekend:
  • Friday night I went out to dinner with my mom. Typically once Saratoga Race Track opens my dad is at the races every weekend, so me and my mom plan plenty of dinner dates while he's out with friends.
  • Post dinner I met three of my girlfriends at Browns Brewing Co for drinks. Browns is one of my favorite places to go in the summer because they have an amazing deck that overlooks the Hudson River. I make any excuse to sit outside in the summer.
  • Saturday caught me off guard. My summer weekends are always spent by the pool, it may sound boring but it's my absolute favorite thing to do. It allows me to chill out, read my books and spend time with family, but this Saturday was unexpectedly cloudy. I was really proud of myself because normally on a cloudy day I would immediately think to go shopping, instead I caught up on my blogging, wrote some posts for the upcoming week and went through my DVR which was full from taped recordings while I was on vacation. I do think Misa liked the company though.
  • Saturday night I went over to my cousins house to play some games and hang out. We have this Marvel Super Heroes board game that my grandma bought for us when we were children. It was made in 1991 and it's very old school but we always love to play it when we're all together, brings back good memories.brings back good memories.
  • Today is finally sunny so I will be headed to my uncles for some pool/family time. These weekends really do fly by, I'm so not ready to head back to work tomorrow.
What did you do this weekend?
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I CANNOT believe this weekend has gone by so fast!! It sounds like it was a good one though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a fun weekend... I want a board game night! Glad you had fun! :)

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a good weekend! I love pool time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like such a great weekend! Board games are really fun, I play them every night while I'm on vacation! xo

    shewearsprep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo