Wednesday, July 9, 2014

One

Today is the one year anniversary of my first post on Monster Misa. Realizing that it's been a year since I started this blog reminded me how much time really does fly because it feels like yesterday that I was navigating blogger for the first time trying to figure out what I was doing. I've seen this blog grow so much in the past year and I can't thank you all enough for being a spectator to my life. The fact that you all take time out of your day to see what I'm up to and read what I have to say is mind blowing to me, and I'm incredibly grateful. 
I started this blog in the first place as a creative outlet. Flashback to July 9, 2013 I was finished with my Masters degree and unemployed. I had planned on taking a few months off to enjoy myself before I entered the workforce full time to travel and relax but I was still looking for jobs and applying (which was super discouraging). I realized that for the first time in my life since childhood I had nothing to do. For the past 6 years I was used to balancing school, homework, internships and a job(s) and now suddenly I had all this free time on my hands. Now don't get me wrong, lying by the pool for days at a time was amazing but I was still looking for a hobby, some type of project I could work on while I was hanging out. It sounds strange, but I really wanted to find a way to keep my mind fresh especially because with all my free time I was consuming reality television at an alarming rate, haha.
 I've always loved fashion and believe that my closet is my pride and joy (after Misa of course), so blogging about style and clothes seemed like the perfect way to tame my bored-ness. Thus Monster Misa was born, named after my pup who I was spending some serious quality time with. In addition to starting my blog I began experimenting with different recipes in the afternoons and found that I really enjoyed cooking. I quickly realized that I could add a food element to my blog and Tasty Tuesdays became a Monster Misa staple. Slowly I found my footing and found a balance between fashion, food and personal experiences. It's been really awesome to go back and see how much I've grown throughout the year. There are so many wonderful memories captured within the pages of this blog and when I go back and look at past posts, I can't help but smile.

Misa on the day I got her, she was a monster from Day 1.

 Starting Monster Misa has truly been such a fulfilling experience.
Again, thank you again for supporting me this past year! 
Cheers to many more years of Monster Misa!
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Congrats girl!! You deserve it! Mine is this month too! Your blogs has always been one of my favs. And Misa looks like a stuffed animal there - too cute!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, you're an awesome blogger!

    Xoxo
    mQs

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS Alex! I love, love, love your blog!
    xx-
    Cathleen
    Classy Cathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy blogaversary, Alex!!! :) keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I love reading your blog! I also love that picture of Misa :)

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Happy one year!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy one year blog anniversary Alex!!! Misa was such an adorable puppy- that picture made me "aww" out loud :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww I missed this when you posted it! Congratulations! You started your blog a little less than a month before I started mine :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo