Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Thought + A Weekend Recap

Happy Sunday!
I can't believe this is already the end to our long weekend I've been looking forward to for weeks. I've been jumping from one event to another this weekend which has been super fun but I'm not going to lie... I'm exhausted. Today will be spent in the pool hanging out because I do not have the energy to do much else. I figured this quote summed up my weekend pretty well because I tend to surround myself with the best of the crazies. Now I have exactly 5 days before I'm soaking up the sun in Cape May... let the vacation countdown begin!

Let's start with a quick weekend recap: 
My 'Merica nails
  • Thursday night I went to a family dinner at my uncles to celebrate my cousin Dave's 21st birthday. I'm starting to feel old when my little cousins become legal to drink. We arrived to his house just in time because a huge storm hit, the remnants from Hurricane Arthur. Arthur really tried to put a damper on my plans this weekend....
]



  • The weather on Fourth of July was not what I hoped it would be. I was planning on sitting by the pool but it was cloudy and cold so I ended up being super lazy and catching up on some TV shows. Has anyone watched the new HBO show The Leftovers? It premiered last Sunday and I watched the first episode. I'm not exactly sure what's going on but I'm intrigued.
  • Friday night my cousin and I met a bunch of friends at The Sports Grill which has this great deck that overlooks the entire city of Albany. We were able to have a couple cocktails and view the fireworks.
  • Post-fireworks we headed to another friends apartment for the rest of our USA celebration. We stopped at Walmart on the way and picked up some awesome Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle koozies because I will forever have the mindset of an 8 year old.
  • After a very late night on Saturday, I was moving at the speed of a zombie by Sunday morning. But it was time to rally because I went to my other uncles to celebrate my cousin Davin's 10th birthday. Again... I feel old. I ended up eating my body weight in food and teaching my family all about Snapchat, so there was plenty of selfies to be had yesterday.
  • I concluded Saturday night at my friend Christina's house where we had a bonfire. It was my first bonfire of the summer and it was great to sit around have some s'mores and play games because it was a beautiful night outside.
What did you do this weekend?
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great wekeend! I ate way too much food and hung out with family and friends!

    Please check out my blog!
    xo, Michaela
    [ http://monogrammedmidwesterner.blogspot.com/ ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at those patriot nails! Nice work!

    Ohio Stripes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a good weekend! I am definitely not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! I love the Alice in Wonderland quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great weekend. I love the koozies!

    bmorepreppy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend! Too bad it went by so fast!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo