Thursday, August 8, 2013

Girl Crush

    I'm a little obsessed with Olivia Wilde. Obviously she's super pretty but I've recently read a couple interviews with her and I think that she's really bright with a good personality. She did a post recently in Glamour Magazine where she gives advice about turning 30. Now, I am far from turning 30 anytime soon but I thought some of her advice definitely applied to me as I move closer to my mid-twenties. I feel like I'm finally entering adulthood, where I no longer have to go to school and I'm looking for a full time job that I will keep for as long as they'll have me. So as I move away from my college years and towards being a working girl, I found some of her tips quite eye-opening. 
    One of her tips....travel more. I'm the first to admit that I'm slowing trying to step out of my comfort zone and do more traveling. I don't usually get stressed, but traveling brings out the best anxiety in me (this is probably why I didn't go away for college). But, I am trying to make steps to see the world and go places with the people that I love. I'm currently in the process of booking a weekend in Vermont with my girlfriends so we can shop and go to the spa. Olivia Wilde is right, this time of early adulthood is going to be one of the last times we can pick up everything and go on vacation so thats what I plan on doing.
    Another piece of advice she gave that I loved? Stop worrying about what other people the same age as you have accomplished. I think that everyone moves at their own pace and as long as you're happy with yourself, why worry? I know I'm not going to be president one day, and thats okay with me. Some people are overachievers, and it's become more important that I slow down and continue to do what brings me joy instead of feeling pressure from others to do more.

    Okay, enough with the preaching... I also need to address Olivia Wilde's style. I posted some of my favorite looks on her above. I really like that she has a variety of different styles and doesn't seem to be afraid to try something different. When looking through photo's of her I realized that some of my favorite looks on her were the ones taken by paparazzi as she walks down the street. She appears to have a classic style while still dressing comfortable. I'm a big fan of adding a masculine piece to an otherwise feminine ensemble and she does that a lot. Plus, I really love those boots she's wearing in the photo where she's walking down the street with the red bag. 


Here's the link to the interview she did with Glamour:
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo