Saturday, August 3, 2013

Brownie Tuxedo Cups

                                
    As always I'm looking for fun recipes to bring to parties or events. I found this recipe a couple years ago and when I first made them they were a big hit and I kept it in my back pocket for future events. Not going to lie, they're time consuming to make so I don't like to make them all the time but my friend Marissa requested them for a get together we went to this weekend and since I have some time on my hands now, I decided to cave and make them. Plus they are super delicious...

Ingredients:
  1. 1 package of fudge brownies (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
  2. 2 squares of white chocolate- I buy a bar of Ghiradelli 
  3. 2 tbsp milk
  4. 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese softened
  5. 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  6. 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping - I buy Cool Whip
  7. 1 package of strawberries
  8. Melted semi-sweet chocolate- you can use a bar of Hershey's or morsels whatever you have lying around
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray muffin/cupcake pans with PAM
  2. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies
  3. Scoop mix into muffin pan filling cups 2/3rd full and bake for 14 mins (or until brownies are set, use a toothpick to determine when they're cooked).
  4. When brownies are cooked immediately press the tops of the brownies using a mini-tart shaper so they form little brownie cups **(I'm assuming most of you don't have a mini-tart shaper so instead use the bottom of a shot glass...because we all know you have one of those).** Let brownies cool.
  5. Microwave white chocolate and milk for approximately 1 minute until smooth.
  6. In bowl (or mixer if you have one---mixer is ideal) combine cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix well. Gradually stir in white chocolate mixture and fold in whipped topping.
  7. When brownies are cooled, pipe cream cheese mixture into brownie cups (I put the cream cheese mixture into a large plastic sandwich bad and cut a corner to pipe the mixture into the brownies). 
  8. Melt semi-sweet chocolate in microwave and drizzle chocolate over whipped topping for garnish.
  9. Cut strawberries and place on top of finished product.
  10. Eat until you hate yourself (or refrigerate if not eating right away).
Brownies after I put the tart-shaper in- they look like little cups
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo