Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Banana Republic Love

     Last weekend I may have done some damage at the mall. I originally went there for two things, to get Chris a birthday present and to look for a holographic clutch before I decided to order the one I found online. I accomplished both of my goals, picking up two gifts for my other half and I did find a great holographic clutch at H&M for $25 (score!). But, then I got myself in some trouble. My mom wanted to go into Banana Republic to look for a striped blouse she saw in one of my magazines. Normally I rarely go into Banana Republic, I'm not sure why I don't... sometimes I do go into the outlet Banana when I venture to the Lee Outlets but mostly I never think to go in there. However, on Sunday I found so many cute fall items that I love! I ended up buying a white and navy color blocked skirt on the clearance rack for $18.00 and my mom bought a couple things, but I plan on coming back and making some more purchases when they have a sale. The one thing I did vow to own is the light blue oxford shirt at the top of the page, I loved the striped navy detail near the buttons and the darker cuffs. 

      I do love all things nautical so it's not a surprise that I put this anchor print blouse on my wish list. It comes in three colors, navy, white, and red. Originally I really liked the white one, but on the model they had the navy one paired with the green ponte mini-skirt and I think it looks really cute together. I think it would look nice at the office with a white blazer or cardigan.


     Currently, Banana Republic is showing their end of summer, beginning of fall line that still has its share of mini skirts and sleeveless tops but also is slowly slipping in the longer tops and cardigans. I'm really excited that navy is going to be a big color this year because it's one of my favorite colors to wear. Silk also looks like its going to be a big trend for fall which is why I loved this mustard yellow blouse. Its light enough to wear during September when its still hot out but it has those post-summer colors with the mustard and navy combo. Another trend I like that Banana Republic is using is the sweater blazer. Obviously, I'm not shy about my love of blazers but this one has the comfort of a sweater built in. 

    Finally, Banana had some great jewelry. My mom bought the Butterfly mesh bracelet on the left hand side and I'm excited to borrow it from her sometime. I also loved the turquoise bracelet on the right. For some reason it reminds me of little crowns. Don't forget if you go to Banana, bring your old student ID that you have lying around to get an extra 15% off your purchase. They currently have an online deal going on right now where you get 30% off your purchase of $150 or more. 

  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo