Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Tiger Lilly

Oh the weather outside is frightful! No really, it's frightful. These past few weeks we have been hit with a major freeze that is enough to leave me shivering in my boots. So I'm left with finding ways to dress for this weather while still being style conscious, despite the fact that all I want to do is wear a full piece snow suit, gloves and hat. Luckily, I have a few statement coats that I have been able to pull out for the sake of blog photos. 
Confession: I am a 90 year old woman trapped in a 25 year olds body, or at least thats what my mother tells me. I find myself gravitating towards things like big faux fur jackets that I often see many old ladies pull out of their closet with a big feathered hat and all their costume jewelry. I don't have an explanation for why I love these ridiculous items and it's quite possible I just like to pretend I'm a rich old lady instead of a poor one. So when last Christmas my Aunt Gail bought me this Banana Republic tiger faux fur jacket I squealed with joy. It's the perfect "event coat" so if I'm going to a nice dinner or event where I have to be dressy it keeps me warm. Plus it's a great go-to for an all black outfit that needs a conversation piece. 




Coat Banana Republic, old (Love this version here and here)
Top Calvin Klein (similar here) // Scuba Leggings
Wedged Bootie ALDO, old (similar) // Bangles Kate Spade (all sold out)
Kate Spade Beau Bag (other colors available here)
Sunnies Coach (similar)

How I really wish I could still dress for this weather. I miss the glory days where I could just throw on a bright purple full body snow suit and it wouldn't draw weird looks...

Do you own a statement coat? 
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I love how that coat makes the outfit! Unfortunately, I am not an owner of a statement coat, but this post might just be my inspiration!

    -xo Cait
    www.preppyinpastels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the title of your post I instantly thought of the Peter Pan story! Old lady style or not, you can total rock that jacket out! Beautiful outfit :)

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you totally rock this coat! love this look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coat!

    howtolyfe.blogspot.com
    moviesunraveled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing!! I love the coat and the bag- so pretty! I actually do not own a statement coat but yours is gorgeous!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo