Thursday, January 22, 2015

Print Play + A Car Update

I am not a happy camper right now. After 3 weeks of waiting for the insurance company to get back to me regarding my car, they finally contacted me to let me know it was totaled. ugh.ugh.ugh.ugh. Not sure why it took them 3 weeks to let me know about it, but I digress.... I have to start looking for a new car which wasn't exactly in the budgeting cards for me at the moment. I know that I'm lucky to not have been seriously injured in the crash, but this was my first accident since I got my license (9 years accident/ticket free!) and I'm quite frustrated that this happened. I guess I did not realize how fragile cars can be and even though there was not a huge amount of damage to my car, the fact that it had a lot of mileage on it was enough for the insurance company to total it.
Now I'm looking at two current options, 1. contacting the family friend who owns an auto body shop to see if he has any used cars he is looking to unleash to me at a decent price and 2. heading out to Honda to see what kind of deal they can offer me on a new car. Basically Honda's last forever so that would be my brand of choice so I could have my car for years to come. So now this upcoming weekend will be filled with numbers, and loans and price options that I was not originally expecting, I honestly thought my car would have been able to be fixed. Meh. 
On a lighter note I can't get enough of this tartan blazer I bought a few years ago at the Loft Outlet. A few days ago I rediscovered it hanging in my closet (sometimes things get lost in there for awhile) and was so excited, it was like buying a new top at the mall except it didn't cost me any money! Since finding it, I've already worn it a few times, mainly because I'm sick of sweaters and needed a new fun way to keep warm.



Blazer Loft, (similar) // Shirt Gap, (similar) // Jeans
Boots // Necklace J Crew Factory (similar)
Ring // Bag Dooney and Bourke (newer version here)
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I love everything about this outfit. Ugh I'm so sorry about the bad news about your car, I feel ya. When I was 18- almost 19, I totaled my Ford Expedition. I really didn't think it was totaled but the tow truck driver let me know right away that my car was in fact totaled. Car problems really suck. I just had to recently get my car fixed, which was expensive, and I don't even know if it is truly fixed. It is a "time will tell" thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a bummer that they totaled it! I was SERIOUSLY concerned they were going to total mine, since the cost of the repairs was $12k. The insurance lady said it would have to been $18k before they did, since my car was only a year and 3 months old. It's nerve racking and frustrating, so just hang in there lady!

    <3
    kimberrleigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOO for car drama...the worst. On the other hand your print mixing is fabulous! Love this look!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your car, but at least you walked away from the accident without injury. On another note, I love your blazer and the fact that you mixed the plaid with a striped shirt!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your car Alex! That's so tough :( I agree with everyone else thought, your outfit is so on point! Hoping everything works out for you car-wise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveyour outfit. But I am in same boat at the moment with my car, I wasnt in a crash but I need a new motor and that cost more than the car. I hhave been hunting on Craigslist which makes me a little nervous but I jsut cant afford anything else. I am looking at Hondas and I really want a PT cruiser so I am looking at those too! fingers crossed for us!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must be very frustrating! And it didn’t help that you were only advised after several weeks. You should’ve started looking for a new car, had they notified you sooner. Anyway, which of those options did you end up choosing? I think it’s best if you resort to getting a brand new one. At the very least, you’re sure that you’ll be driving a reliable car. Keep us posted!

    Steven Keltsch @ Allied Insurance Manager

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo