Thursday, January 15, 2015

Spring Break Ideas

Well I'm officially sick of talking about winter. I have no desire to write about winter fashion, winter events or winter foods anymore so instead let's think spring for a minute. Within the next few weeks all the stores will be releasing their spring lines in preparation for people to ditch these cold days in favor of a beach. Honestly, if I didn't go somewhere warm to escape the bitter cold for a few days I would probably go crazy. I also find myself day dreaming about all the trips I want to take one day, I think I was meant to be a travel agent in a different life because I'm always looking at random hotels and locations online. Side note: did anyone else use to watch Great Hotels on the Travel Network? It hasn't been on in a few years but the concept revolved around the host traveling to different hotels around the world... sounds boring but I was obsessed. 
Anyways, for those of you looking to get out of dodge for a few days, I've come up with a list of fun travel destinations for your viewing pleasure. Not included: anywhere you will need a coat, sorry.
  1. Key West: This is on my short list of places I want to visit in the next few years. The southern most city in the US offers a variety of excursions, beaches and restaurants to choose from. Personally I would love to snorkel through some of Key West's caves to view tropical fish followed by a sunset dinner cruise. Also, I know I'm a huge nerd but they also offer a Southernmost Scavenger Hunt where you and your friends go on a hunt to all the local bars (basically a bar crawl but with competition involved!). 
  2. San Diego: I've never been out west and if I had to choose one place to visit in California it would we San Diego, mainly because it's one of my dreams to visit the San Diego Zoo. They have pandas. and koala bears. and tigers. and omg so many other awesome animals. It's basically one of the best zoos in the country that houses over 4,000 animals. If you're not much of an animal person, they also have a ton of beaches to choose from and great shopping. You could also visit a brewery or two and experience some of the best beers the city has to offer.
  3. New Orleans: Looking to do something really crazy for spring break? Why not try going to Mardi Gras which will be held this year during the week of February 17th. They have a huge festival and it's basically a party in the street, definitely something you won't forget anytime soon. Also it's one of the best places to get traditional cajun food and hear some really great music.
  4. Puerto Rico: This was on our short list of places to visit before we decided on St. Maarten. We actually researched a few houses in Puerto Rico and we definitely could find ourselves visiting there next trip. Even though Puerto Rico is a tiny island, it packs a big punch with beautiful beaches with white sand and blue water that offers snorkeling and surfing (something on my bucket list). Looking to go on a real adventure... try zip-lining through the rainforest! There is so much to do, it will definitely be a vacation to remember. 
  5. Puerto Vallarta: This is the place that mixes relaxation with fun. During the day you can spend your days paddle boarding or kayaking in their waters along with a bunch of other water activities. During the nighttime you have your choice of huge strips on the water with  different restaurants and bars that offer plenty of entertainment. The best part is there are plenty of affordable options for people on a budget as well!
Where are you going on Spring Break this year?
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more, I'm sick of talking about winter! As for the Great Hotels show, I used to watch that all the time! Last year for spring break I went to Punta Cana and it was so relaxing and best of all we didn't have to leave our resort once!

    -xo Cait
    www.preppyinpastels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh... I wish I had a spring break! I mean, I technically could because I have vacation days. But I'm saving those for later in the year. :)

    <3
    kimberrleigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love Key West! It's definitely a place to make it to! I love your whole list!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holla for San Diego!! We have so many breweries out here. Oh & hey it's 73 degress here today.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  5. San Diego is amazing! We stopped by when my family and I visited LA last summer, and I loved it! I completely agree with the whole wanting to go somewhere warmer thing--I'm wanting to hit somewhere nice after this London rain!

    Maggie D. x
    http://mychicadventure.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this list! I've never been to any of these places, but I'm craving a little vacation when the weather is warmer. It's been SO long since I've been on any kind of trip!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote Key West or New Orleans!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo