Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Bundle Up for Snowmageddon

Remember when I mentioned that last week when I took these photos it was a beautiful sunny day? Well it's amazing how much things can change in a few days. Since then the temperatures have plummeted and we are currently buried under about 8 inches of snow, yuck. It wasn't as bad as the weathermen originally predicted (are they ever right?) but we did get hit pretty hard which made navigating my new car a little difficult yesterday. Thank god I ordered this lambswool fair isle sweater last week for $20 because it will come in handy while I battle these winter temperatures this week. FYI this sweater runs extremely big, so make sure you order a size or two down if you decide to get it. Also guess who was spotted wearing the exact same sweater, Reese Witherspoon! This will probably be the first and last time I ever own the same sweater as a celebrity. 
I'm so happy this work week is halfway over because it's been a super hectic week for me. First of all I picked up my new car (yay!) and dealt with all the necessary paperwork that goes along with it, including switching insurance companies, boo hiss. We also had a baby shower for a friend at work this week. It ended up being a huge success but a lot goes into throwing a work party including contacting a caterer, finding decorations, and collecting money for the gift and the food, which isn't always an easy accomplishment, especially in my office! But on the plus side, another winter month is coming to a close which means we're only two months away from spring.




Sweater (currently on super sale!) // Vest Banana Republic, old found on eBay here // Jeans
Wedges // Bag Kate Spade, old (This one would look cute too!)

How are you staying warm this week?
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I don't think weather men are ever right, they just get lucky when their predictions come true... Love your outfit, I saw that sweater over Christmas at J. Crew and have been on the fence of if I should get it or not.

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on the search for a fur vest - love this one you found!

    xo, Laura
    http://www.brightandbeautifulblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so warm and cosy. I adore the colours and pattern, so amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo