Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday Thoughts + A Weekend Recap

Happy Sunday!
This has been a whirlwind of a weekend and so much happened over the course of 3 days (I'm counting Friday since it was my day off). I hope you all enjoyed your last full weekend in January, can you believe a month ago we were celebrating Christmas, time flies!

This weekend...
  • Thursday night I got dinner with two of my aunts and three of my cousins at our families restaurant Testo's. It was a last minute dinner but I was so excited because they have the best Italian food I've ever eaten and I don't get to the restaurant enough to enjoy it. I gorged myself on lasagne, meatballs and good company, such a fun night!
  • Despite having Friday off it was not relaxing. I helped my mother clean out her boiler room in the basement and we threw out so much stuff! Apparently my mom's spring cleaning phase has hit her a couple months early and she's slowing purging all off the junk we have accumulated over the years. 
  • Saturday I was up super early to go car shopping and guess what, I BOUGHT A NEW CAR!!! The insurance company finally let me know that my car was totaled last week and after three weeks of being without a car it felt so good to finally get these issues resolved. I settled on a used 2012 Honda Civic and I'm very happy with my decision. My previous car was a 2004 Honda Accord so this was an 8 year upgrade. Honda's are great cars and *fingers crossed* it lasts me for many more years. Plus it has a sun roof, I feel like I'm living a life of luxury, haha! I pick up my car tomorrow from the dealership, hooray!

  • Post car buying I did what most people would do, I went to the mall (I know stupid, but I had to pay a bill) and I bought this bathing suit cover up from Francesca's for my trip in March.
  • Today I'm getting dinner with my family for my Aunt Marge's birthday at the Ships Pub and then I'm finishing up some blog posts for the rest of the week. 
What did you do this weekend?
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new car Alex!!!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the new car! I'm glad you were able to get one you wanted - upgrading cars always feels so nice. :)

    <3
    kimberrleigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new car! That's so exciting! I got a "new to me" car a few months ago and I went from a 1996 to a 2011, so obviously I was pretty excited hahaha :)

    Ivy xx
    stylelifelovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that quote! So relevant for this upcoming week!

    And congrats on your new car :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new car! I am still unsure as to what I am going to do with mine!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    southernbeth.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo