Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Recipe: Crock-Pot Chicken & Dumplings

Happy First Tasty Tuesday of 2015!
So after this post I will officially be out of recipes to share with you guys. Normally I always have 2-3 recipes lined up so I'm never scrambling to find a recipe post for all of you, but that well has run dry. So this weekend I will be scouring Pinterest for new recipe ideas to bring to you in the new year. Honestly, this lack of new recipes comes at the perfect time because the recipes I'm used to making have become a little stale and it's time to add something new to the rotation. So if you have any recipe suggestions for me, or if theres something you want me to attempt, let me know! Lately I've been a little crock-pot heavy when it comes to recipes, but the crock-pot has been my savior during these winter months. The savory meals that I am able to create with minimal effort has been fantastic, and this chicken and dumpling recipe is no exception.
Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg of raw chicken strips
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 package of refrigerated biscuit dough (I used these Pillsbury biscuits)
  • 1 package of frozen veggies (I used a broccoli, carrot, cauliflower combo)
  • 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • **After eating this, I felt it needs more vegetables so in the future I plan on adding 1 cup of frozen peas to the mixture, or possibly a second package of the frozen veggie medley. Feel free to mix up the vegetables to your liking as well!**
Directions:
  • Season the raw chicken with paprika, salt and pepper.
  • Place seasoned chicken on the bottom of the crock-pot, top with the butter, two cans of soup and diced onions.
  • Pour low sodium chicken broth on top of the mixture, covering it.
  • Cook on high for 4 hours, then add frozen vegetables on top of mixture and cook for another 1.5 hours (total cook time should be 5.5-6 hours).
  • About 45 minutes prior to the crock-pot ingredients being ready, cook the biscuits in the oven according to the directions. Once they are browned, take them out of the baking pan and submerge them into the chicken mixture (for about 15-20 minutes) so they are able to absorb the flavors of the liquid.
  • Serve and enjoy!
Any recipe suggestions for me to try in 2015?
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Yum! This sounds like the perfect dinner for all the chilly weather lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I love a good crock pot recipe! We have chili going in the crockpot today!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so delicious and so easy! Thank you!! We will make this again and again!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo