Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Shady Lady

      Summer is a time for pool parties, barbecues, and driving with the windows down which means a fun pair of sunglasses are essential. With the amount of time I spend lying by the pool, I've developed quite the collection of glasses. Getting a pair of prescription sunglasses have been on my list of things to get for awhile now since I am constantly switching from my regular glasses to sunglasses when I go from indoors to outdoors but I am having trouble committing because the second I choose a pair of prescription sunglasses, I'm stuck with them and I prefer to change my sunglasses with my mood or outfit. 
       For Christmas this year I received my first pair of Ray-Bans and I love them. I originally saw them on an episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and put them on my wish list. Even though they were a Christmas gift I was with my mom when she bought them because we were browsing the Sunglass Hut inside the Colonie Center Macy's and they were having a big sale. If you get Macy's coupons mailed to you, you probably also get Macy's Sunglass Hut coupons mailed as well. They have two coupons they sent to me routinely, one for $25 off any purchase, and a $50 off of a $200 purchase coupon. We ended up buying a couple pairs of designer glasses because on top of the coupons a lot of the designer shades were super discounted because in the winter nobody is buying sunglasses so the stores put them on sale. So the moral of my story is that you may feel like you cant afford a pair of designer shades but if you know where to look you can find designer brands for cheap. I also recommend looking for designer brands at the outlets because you can score a pair for an outlet price!
       I think my next big purchase this winter will be a pair of Black Ray-Ban Aviators with a gold rim. They remind me of old-school cop glasses and I feel like they never go out of style.

        I do like to own a couple pairs of cheap sunglasses because there are some places (like the beach or a concert for example) that you don't want to bring a nice pair of shades. Target is one of my favorite places to get cheap glasses. They have a section devoted to different color wayfarers and last summer I bought them in 3 different colors. They were perfect for when I went to Disney World because I could match them to my outfit each day but wasn't worried if I lost them on a ride because they were only $12. 
      Overall my advice to you is to own a variety of sunglasses, no matter what the price they are a way to show off your personality! Treat them like a purse or a pair of shoes and coordinate them as an accessory to your outfit for the day. Be bold, make a statement, and have fun!


Here are some other shades I love!

Tory Burch Sunglasses

**Side Note: I am currently in the process of researching a website called Here-Saler that sells last seasons Ray-Bans at a discount price. I'm not 100% sure they are authentic yet, but if I find out I'll let you know. Here's the link if you want to check it out for yourself... Discount Ray-Bans

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo