Monday, July 6, 2015

What I'm Loving Lately

Happy Monday!
I'm on day 4 of housesitting, which has become a bit more hectic now that I have to add work to the mix. Nigel, my pup roommate has been snugging up to me every night when I sleep and it has me wishing that Misa was a little more snuggly. However, Nigel likes to spoon with me each night which is an interesting sight seeing how she is 150lbs. 
Anyways, since we're full blown into these summer months, I thought I would share with you a few things I'm loving lately.

TV I'm Loving:

Big Brother has always been my summer television guilty pleasure. This season has been super crazy from the beginning with a crazy cast ready to start trouble. If you're a fan like I am and are looking to get the inside scoop of what is going on in the house without watching the live feeds I suggest you check out Rob Has A Website where they do podcasts a couple times a week with various guests including past contestants.

Book I'm Loving:
I go through around two books a month so I'm constantly on the hunt for my next great read. Then I heard that Reese Witherspoon had recommended The Luckiest Girl Alive which tells the story of Ani FaNelli, a writer for Women's Magazine whose teenage past lives on in infamy. I'm about 2/3 of the way through the book and it's definitely a page turner. Although I don't know the end just yet, from what I've read so far I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a juicy beach read.

Rumors I'm Loving:
(WARNING: this contains Game of Thrones season 5 spoilers)
Recently Kit Harington, who plays Jon Snow on Game of Thrones, was spotted at Wimbledon with his famous long locks. Now, this may not seem like much to some people however since Jon Snow was "allegedly" killed by his fellow members of the Nightswatch during the season finale, fans like myself are holding out hope that the fact that he hasn't cut his hair means that he might not be dead just yet! But as show runners have proved to us before, like Jon Snow, we know nothing...

Summer Piece I'm Loving:
I bought these blue pull on boardwalk shorts Memorial Day weekend at J Crew Factory and they've instantly become my favorite shorts this summer. I showed them off last week in a blog post and after my mom saw them she ordered two pairs of the longer 5 inch version for herself. They come in a variety of colors (I currently have my eye on the eggplant color) and they're perfect for throwing on over your bathing suit on the way to the beach.

Beauty Product I'm Loving:
It's no surprise that I spend a lot of time in the sun during these summer months but between the chlorine in the pool and sitting in the sun, my skin becomes really dry. This banana boat lotion is my favorite summer lotion of all time. It goes on a little thick but it always hydrates my skin and helps preserve my summer tan, plus it's cheap making it a great drug story purchase.

Accessory I'm Loving:
I wrote a few weeks ago about my love of Flash Tattoos. Well they recently just came out with a ton of new styles and options that are perfect for an outdoor concert or pool party. I plan on stocking up before I head to Chicago in a few weeks for Market Days.

What are you loving this summer?
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I am sooo hoping Jon Snow isn't dead! I heard rumors of him returning as a White Walker or something.

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shorts look like the perfect summer go-to piece!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just added Luckiest Girl Alive to my books to read list!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo