Wednesday, July 8, 2015

My Beach Read Picks

Three days of work separates me from a beach vacation to Cape May with my family. We've been going to Cape May since I was a little girl and since it's the only trip we take every year as a family, it's something I've been looking forward to for a long time. One of my favorite things to do is plop my chair down by the ocean and read a book. I normally go through two books and several magazines by the time the trip is over. Today I'm going to share with you what's on my summer reading list including some books I've already finished.
  1. Luckiest Girl Alive - I discussed this book on Monday's post and I'm most likely going to have this finished before my trip on Saturday because it's been such a page turner. If you were a fan of Gone Girl, last years must-read book, then you definitely won't be able to put this book down. It tells the story of Ani FaNelli, a New York girl engaged to be married to the man of her dreams, but she struggles to find her happiness because she is haunted by her past. 
  2. Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny - I always like to have at least one "trashy" read for the beach and this is what I have lined up for Saturday. This book, written by Girl Next Door Holly Madison is a tell all about her life in the Mansion, and she dishes on the good, the bad and the ugly. This book is going to give the perfect amount of gossip necessary for a day at the beach.
  3. Midnight Crossroad - Author Charlaine Harris is best know for her Sookie Stackhouse series, which the hit television show True Blood was modeled after. I loved that series and finished one book after the other so I was anxiously waiting for Charlaine's next book. Enter her next paranormal series, that tells the backstory of the creepy inhabitants of Midnight, Texas. This is the second book I'm bringing with me on my trip, so I'm not sure how it is just yet!
  4. The Rumor- This book is next on my summer reading list, after browsing the book section in Target. The Rumor is described as "a provocative page-turner about scandal, secrets and true female friendship" which was enough to peek my interest. It looks like a good book club idea for the office.
  5. Keep Quiet - I finished this book a few weeks ago and wanted to add it to my list. This thriller tells the story of Jake and Ryan, a father and teenage son who have been struggling to connect. However, after a fateful night they are forced to come together after tragedy strikes to keep a secret that could tear them both apart. It's definitely a page turner with a lot of suspense. The only downside to the book is I found the mother character to be extremely annoying and overbearing, but maybe that's just me.
What book do you recommend I check out this summer?
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of any of these, thanks for the recommendations!!
    xo
    Syd
    http://www.sincerelysyd9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo