Thursday, July 23, 2015

My Favorite Things To Do In Cape May, NJ

Can you tell I'm still a little bitter that I'm back in the office and away from the beach? I'm already day dreaming of my next chance to watch the waves from the comfort of my beach chair. Today I'm talking about some of my favorite traditions to take part in when I head to Cape May every year with my family. If you're looking for a relaxing beach vacation that won't break the bank, I definitely recommend heading down there for a few days.

The Beach
Do I need to explain this one? The beaches in Cape May are super clean and not as crowded as it's sister beaches in Atlantic City and Wildwood. The water is warm enough to swim in while still cooling you off from the summer heat.

Horse & Carriage Ride
This was always one of my favorite things to do when I was growing up. I recommend doing it after dinner because those afternoon rides are way too hot, but at night it's a nice relaxing tour through the town. Your tour guide will give you fun information about Cape May that isn't boring like a typical tour and you'll get to hear some fun history including a ghost story or two.

This is one of the few stores I always make a point in visiting every year. It's a magical winter wonderland that offers so many cute ornament and Christmas decorations. It always feels like Christmas in July when I walk into this store and I make sure to pick up an ornament for my tree (plus a souvenir for loved ones).

Vacation is all about relaxing and enjoying yourself, right? We always make sure that one day we leave the beach a little early and grab a few cocktails before dinner. The Grand Hotel pool bar makes a tasty pina colada!

I always feel so guilty leaving Misa behind every year so I make sure I stop in Paw Prints, a store for dogs in Washington Street Mall. They make a ton of adorable dog treats along with plenty of toys to take home to your pooch. Misa always gets spoiled from my guilt when I return.

View the Victorian Homes
Despite coming to Cape May for over 20 years, I'm still in awe at some of the homes around town. Cape May has the second largest collection of Victorian homes in the US and you won't get bored of viewing the bright colors and intricate details that go along with them. Each house is personalized to make them one of a kind. If I ever hit the lotto, I am buying a beach front one ASAP.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. How fun! That Christmas store sounds like a good place to visit!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo