Thursday, July 30, 2015

Terrible Twos

Guys, this little blog is two years old!
I may have completely forgotten the July 9th anniversary date, but better late than never right?
It's hard to believe that what started out as a small hobby to keep my mind active while I was unemployed has turned into something I am still writing on two years later. When I first decided I wanted to start a blog, I had just graduated with my Masters and was having very little luck when it came to finding jobs. The job market was awful and I was getting so sick of spending my days online looking for generic jobs that I wasn't passionate about because I was desperate to get some income. I always imagined that finding a job wouldn't be that difficult once I finished with my degree, but boy was I wrong. 
I was definitely in a funk and looking for something to reignite my passions and cure my boredom. Enter this little blog. It was something small and needed a lot of work but suddenly I had a little project to fill my hours with in between applying for different jobs. I suddenly had something I was excited about and it definitely gave me the motivation I needed to finally score a job that could lead to something great.
Fast forward two years later and so much has happened in my life. I've landed a job that inspires and stimulates me on a daily bases, a job that really isn't a job but a career that I can continue to build on and make a life from. I've been able to travel to so many wonderful places with new friends and old, making lasting memories. Finally, I've got to really set a theme for this little blog where I've been able to channel my love of fashion and style and share with you all that makes me happy.
So, this is a special thanks to all of you that have stuck around since the beginning and all the newcomers along the way. It's been a wild ride and I look forward to the next new adventure.

Shorts (currently only $17!) // Bow Top
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary!!!

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 2 years! I hope I'll be able to keep blogging for 2 years like you have! (Also, what a cute shirt!)
    Love,

    Ane | Basque Prep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on making it to two years! That's so exciting! It's really cool that you have been able to keep it up now that you have a job.

    Jenni // The Beautiful Fool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Congrats on 2 years of Blogging! :)

    Brittany x
    www.BrillIanceOfB.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, congrats! I'm so happy things are have turned around for you in these two years, and I hope you'll have years more of happiness! Now go celebrate! :)

    Maggie Dickman

    http://www.stylethesestreets.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo