Tuesday, July 28, 2015

New Recipe: One Pan Balsamic Mustard Chicken with Veggies

Happy Tasty Tuesday!
I need to get back on track with my eating. Lately my appetite has been out of control and I haven't been eating the healthiest of meals so I'm back in the kitchen looking for easy to make options that are less pasta and more vegetables. Luckily, there are plenty of light dishes that pack the flavor. Todays dish is no exception and can be made in one pot for easy clean up. 

**Note: chicken needs to marinate overnight, so you will need to do some preparing the night before**

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp dijon mustard
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp basil
  • 1 bundle of red potatoes
  • 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
  • 1 cup of baby carrots sliced
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1lb asparagus, trimmed
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. In a bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, minced garlic, oregano, basil and a good shake of salt & pepper.
  2. On a cutting board, place chicken breasts and pound them out so they thin a bit (this step can be skipped if you don't mind thicker chicken, I just prefer my chicken thin).
  3. In a large Ziploc bag, pour liquid marinade and chicken breasts. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator. 
  4. The next day when you're ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  5. Coat a large cookie sheet with nonstick spray and place potatoes (cut in half), tomatoes, carrots and olive oil on a single layer of baking sheet, season with garlic powder. Top with chicken in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
  6. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes. Add asparagus during the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
  7. Enjoy!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo