Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Best Places To Eat In Cape May, NJ

Happy Tasty Tuesday!
Since I was on vacation all last week I did not have the chance to get into the kitchen to cook up some new meals. However, I did have the opportunity to eat at some fabulous restaurants that gave me plenty of inspiration moving forward. So day I'm going to break down my favorite places to eat (and drink) in Cape May, in case any of you make the journey down to Jersey this summer.

Best breakfast on the run:
I'm not a huge breakfast lover and I have to be in the mood to sit down and have a full breakfast with the works so often times in the morning I would walk down to Bagel Time Cafe where they had plenty of fresh bagel options and amazing cream cheese (think spinach and artichoke). Plus they have the tastiest ice coffee that was just enough to get me awake and ready for the beach day ahead of me.


Best Lobster Dinner:
The Lobster House has become a first night tradition for my family and I for as long as I can remember. It's become a great way to kick off the vacation and we're definitely not alone in our love of the Lobster House because it's always packed. Luckily this restaurant is ginormous so you never wait long for a table. It's located on the fisherman's wharf and offers a great view of all the boats docking at dinner time. If you're looking for a quality meal with great service, this is the place for you.

Best Italian:
Shockingly, finding a quality Italian restaurant in Cape May has been difficult for us and being the Italian girl that I am, I can't go a full vacation without a big plate of pasta somewhere. Luckily A Ca Mia came to our rescue. Located right in the Washington Street Mall, this place offers plenty of authentic Italian dishes. I recommend sitting outside on their deck so you can people watch while enjoying your dinner.

Best Bakery:
Speaking of A Ca Mia, after dinner you must go into their bakery located next door. They have fresh Italian delicacies including fresh breads, pastries, cookies and amazing Italian coffees. It's a great place to grab something to go and enjoy later on. I personally loved the Bailey's infused cheesecake. I was so full from dinner, but I enjoyed it in my hotel later on that night.

Best Pub:
Even though they don't have the fanciest food, this is one of my favorite restaurants in all of Cape May. Some nights I don't feel like a fancy dinner and instead I just want to enjoy a tasty sandwich. This place has a huge menu with so many delicious options. This year I got a corned beef deli sandwich with cole slaw piled in between. No joke, the sandwich was so big and had so much flavor. It's also a great place to just order appetizers and drinks.

Best Outdoor Seating:
One of my favorite parts of dining in Cape May is finding a restaurant where I can see the beach and enjoy that ocean breeze. Harry's has a great menu where you can get nice dinners or simple sandwiches but by far the best part of Harry's is their outdoor deck. They often have a band playing and you can enjoy the view while you dine.

Best off the beaten path restaurant:
This small restaurant is definitely off the beaten path in Cape May but is definitely not a place you want to ignore. Surrounded by so many beautiful Victorian homes this tiny restaurant offers plenty of fancier dining options. They also have a great deck, which if you haven't figured out by now, is a huge draw for me.

Have you eaten in Cape May before?
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Love this! That italian looks soooo good!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cape may! They have a shop named Carli's Collections there haha so of course I had to get a picture with that sign

    xo, carli
    Puppies and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Cape May, your post and all the good food options make me wanna visit soon. Thanks for sharing.
    V.
    http://pancakesinbed.com NYC travel and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo