Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Recap: Stratton Trip '13




        Well I'm finally back from my girls weekend in Vermont! We all had such a good time, it was a much needed get together for all of us. If you ever have the opportunity, travel with your girlfriends, there is nothing better.
Quick recap:


       We got to Stratton Mountain Resort on Friday night around 8 after the long dark drive (plus side: my high beams got put to good use). We checked in and got settled into our Condo, which was huge and clean (phew). Our Friday night consisted of plenty of food, wine, comfy clothes and gossip which was really an ideal situation after a long day. I truly believe a night in with friends can be one of the best medicines out there and it really set the tone for the rest of the trip.


        Saturday morning we got up and headed out to the Manchester Designer Outlets for some retail therapy. If you're ever in Vermont you should definitely check them out, they're not a conventional outlet were all the stores are stationed in one little area, but it allows you to walk around Vermont, see some beautiful scenery and explore some local mom & pop stores as well. 


        We definitely did some damage at the outlets... I worried for a minute we wouldn't have room in the car for all our stuff. I'll be doing a post later this week highlighting my deals.
 
Side Note: We all had matching minion hats (like Despicable Me!), don't judge us.
       We spent a good chunk of our Saturday shopping in Manchester  so we didn't get back to our room until dinner time. Back in the condo we regrouped, showered and got ready for the night. We decided we wanted to go to a bar to get some pub food and drinks. Side note: since we went to the resort in September and not in the winter, Stratton is a ghost town. Empty. So despite our intentions of heading out for a night on the town, it ended up being us in a bar (the only bar in town open in September), completely by ourselves. Oh and we were trapped in the bar with the waitstaff for sometime because there was a bear outside and we couldn't leave. Glorious. But it ended up being a great story to share.


       My favorite part of the trip was Sunday, where we took the gondola up to the very top of the mountain. The view was amazing with all the leaves starting to change. It was a beautiful day and we couldn't ask for a more perfect way to end our trip. I'm not a skier so I was able to check standing on the top of a mountain off my bucket list without worrying about how I was gonna get down! After the mountain we stopped back at the outlets to pick up a couple more items, grab some lunch at this amazing deli called Zoeys and have some ice cream at Ben & Jerry's, because you can't spend the weekend in Vermont without a little Ben & Jerry's. 


Another minion hat photo op.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Looks like it was fabulous girls trip. We usually do beach/Caribbean trips, because of proximity, but I have always wanted to head north to see colorful leaves and mountains! Lol these things are exotic to Floridians! Can't wait to see what you bought!

    Ashley
    www.historyinhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you all had such a fun weekend! I love all the pictures!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful there and like you had a really fun weekend! I love the photo of the trunk of the car! haha

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time! Love the pics and just found your blog :)

    Mel
    www.ipinkiloveyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ladies look wonderful! I love the pictures, it looks like you had a blast.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your photos Alex! It looks like you had such a fun filled weekend! I hope that your Monday is off to a great start. :)

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the minion hats!

    http://angela-megan.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like so much fun! Also, that's what my car trunk looks like after a trip to the outlets, too, lol. I hope you got some good stuff!

    jess
    Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you had fun! It looks so pretty in Vermont :)

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. the scenery is so pretty
    http://alwaysblabbing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo