Monday, September 9, 2013

Wardrobe Calendar



         I'm not going to lie, my closet is full to the max. Each time I buy something new I attempt to find a space in my bedroom and end up pushing something else I own farther into the depths of the black hole that is my closet. I love to shop, thats no surprise, but I really do try and get the most out of every piece I own. For example, I probably own a million sundresses so as summer winded down I made a list of every dress I hadn't worn that summer so during the last 2-3 weeks I made sure I wore everything in my closet. It's very tempting to wear your go-to pieces that you love, and forget about the hidden gems in the back of your closet. One other tip...if you're avoiding wearing something, get rid of it, you probably don't like it that much anyways so why waste the closet space.


My Closet Calendar
      This fall I'm trying a new approach, a closet calendar! I'm going to buy a calendar and each day write down what I wear. This will allow me to track my outfits and force me to be better about wearing things I haven't worn in awhile. I found one app and one website that can help me with my little project. The first is My Clothing Calendar, which is a free "web-based online clothing journal" which allows you to jot down and save what your wore on specific dates and how you accessorized it. I love that this is free and can be done online, which saves me a lot of time.


Stylebook
        The other virtual organizer I found was StyleBook, an iPhone app (it costs $3.99), that has over 90 features to help you curate your closet and get more out of what you own. It allows you to import your actual clothes and take pictures to store on your Clothing Calendar. In addition, the app keeps a history of when you last wore an outfit or a piece of clothing and will log separate looks for work and going out. You can log a single item without have to create a brand new outfit.  Plus, you always have you phone on you, so it's the perfect closet management tool. 
       So hopefully with these digital organizers I can be better at managing my unruly closet.
 Wish me luck!

Do you have a "clothing calendar"
How do you keep from wearing the same outfits all the time?
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I would have never thought to track what I wear by using a calendar. On a side not I just love Carrie's closet, especially the one from the movie, I wish I had a closet like hers!

    Lauren,
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, her closet from the movie was my dream!

      Delete
  2. What a cool app. Kind of like Cher's digital closet in clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Style Book App for my phone and I think it is really cool, however I don't really use it that often. I really want to try the online site you mentioned though, because I am always on the computer :)

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this ap is a great idea! Even if I wear all of my clothes, I am guilty of repeating entire outfits instead of maximizing my wardrobe by mixing and matching the pieces in new ways. But who has time to try on endless outfit combinations in the morning? I like the idea of the ap because you could test new combos with having to try on! I look forward to following your blog!

    Cheers!
    http://historyinhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo