Thursday, September 19, 2013

New Book: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)


       I'm a little obsessed with Mindy Kaling. She's hilarious, successful and has great taste in clothes. She's one of those famous people that I know I could be best friends with, bonding over our love of fashion and celebrity gossip. If you haven't watched the Mindy Project, her sitcom on Fox, I suggest you check it out. Last Christmas I received her first book as a gift and I read it in 24 hours. It's a quick light-hearted read and I found myself laughing out loud on multiple occassions. Plus, she's super relatable despite being a television star. I've even went back a couple times and read different chapters in her book, which I never do (I don't like to re-read books once I read them the first time). Even if you don't decide to pick up her book, you should definitely follow her on Twitter or Instagram because she's awesome.  


Here is the description of her book:

Mindy Kaling has lived many lives: the obedient child of immigrant professionals, a timid chubster afraid of her own bike, a Ben Affleck–impersonating Off-Broadway performer and playwright, and, finally, a comedy writer and actress prone to starting fights with her friends and coworkers with the sentence “Can I just say one last thing about this, and then I swear I’ll shut up about it?”

Perhaps you want to know what Mindy thinks makes a great best friend (someone who will fill your prescription in the middle of the night), or what makes a great guy (one who is aware of all elderly people in any room at any time and acts accordingly), or what is the perfect amount of fame (so famous you can never get convicted of murder in a court of law), or how to maintain a trim figure (you will not find that information in these pages). If so, you’ve come to the right book, mostly!

In Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, Mindy invites readers on a tour of her life and her unscientific observations on romance, friendship, and Hollywood, with several conveniently placed stopping points for you to run errands and make phone calls. Mindy Kaling really is just a Girl Next Door—not so much literally anywhere in the continental United States, but definitely if you live in India or Sri Lanka.


Have you read any autobiographies that you loved?


xoxo

5 comments:

  1. hmmm... gotta check that one out!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/
    IG @gracenjio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with her too! We really do have so much in common! I wish I had time for some non-scholastic reading, maybe during the winter break. I will put this one on the top of my list!

    Ashley
    historyinhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her! I have heard such wonderful things about that book! Really great post!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ill have to check this out, I'm always looking for a new read!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read that book and loved it! Mindy is a great person and writer. It feels like shes talking to you!!
    -The Preppy Student

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo