Tuesday, September 10, 2013

New Recipe: Banana Nut Bread

       I've been exploring a lot of new dinner recipes lately but baking has always been my specialty. So I thought for today's post I would share my families banana nut bread recipe. It's super easy to make and perfect for when you're assigned to bring breakfast to the office or are hosting a brunch at your house.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
***The key to the perfect banana bread is super old banana's. I know it sounds gross but when the peal is brown and the banana is soooo mushy it adds extra flavor and makes the bread taste better. Trust me on this one*
Make banana bread when your banana's go bad

Directions:
  • Preheat over to 350 degrees
  • Combine shortening and sugar in a large bowl.
  • Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and add to sugar mixture.
  • Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
  • Pour into a well-greased loaf pan.
  • Bake for 40-45 minutes
  • Eat and enjoy!
                                      
I forgot to take an "out of the oven photo" and everybody ate it before I remembered.... whoops! It came out perfect!

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. This looks so good!! I actually have 3 bananas in my kitchen which have gone bad and I was looking for a recipe to make with them- looks like I found it!!! :)

    Meggie
    meggiejuly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a great recipe! I am going to have to try it out!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! sounds delish, I love baking so much, if only Crisco was sold here in Mexico!

    Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I love banana bread :)

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh, I love a good banana bread! Thanks for this post!

    xx
    Mere

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious ;) -M

    http://cashmerecosmo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making banana bread so this is a definite must to try! thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo