Sunday, September 29, 2013

15 Style Tips

       I found this list of 15 style tips from Michael Kors on Pinterest the other day and I have to say, I really agree with a lot of the things Michael has to say. I'm a huge Michael Kors fan, I have several dresses and bags from him and I love the way his styles flatters my body type, plus the pieces he creates are timeless and never go out of style, which is why it's worth it to spend the extra cash on products created by him. 
      Here are some of the 15 tips that really resonated with me:
  1. Try on a few sizes first. Every designer cuts differently so don't get stuck on a number. -- I couldnt agree more with this statement, for the longest time I would stick to just grabbing things in my general size (especially pants) and become discouraged if something fit me weird. It's so important to try different sizes. Now I can proudly say I have items in my closet that range from extra small to large, because I'd rather find something that fits me right, rather than focus on a number.
  2. A chunky mens belt takes the sweetness out of a soft silk dress and skirt.-- One of my favorite things to do is belt dresses. I feel like it gives me a better shape and I love pairing masculine pieces with a feminine dress.
  3. Saddle colored leather bags, shoes, and belts are great neutrals that get better with age and work all year long.-- Since I am a navy lover, I love brown accessories. Designers like Michael Kors and Tory Burch have perfected the perfect saddle colored accessories. 
  4. Great style means having a point of view, but evolving your look is even more important. Rushing to embrace every trend will leave you fashionable, not stylish.-- I love a good trend and expanding my wardrobe, but lately I've been working on staying away from spending big money on the trends, instead making a push to keep classic pieces in my wardrobe that will never go out of style. Fashion is supposed to be a fun way to express who you are, so embrace what works for you and makes you feel confident!
Which of Michael Kors tips do you relate to? 
Is there any advice would you add to the list?
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I find I tend to do number 9 and 13 - such a good post!!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely follow most of these- especially 3! I love 9 as well. I frequently pair a sleeveless top with a more conservative skirt or a classic dress with a funkier shoe :)
    Great tips, Alex (and Michael!)

    Meggie
    meggiejuly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great tips! I really love the tip on finding the perfect fit for you :)

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could get over the size thing! Also how poignant was the last one? There is a difference between following every trend and having your own style, so true! Great post Alex!

    Ashley
    www.historyinhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo