Tuesday, August 18, 2015

New Recipe: Jalapeño Poppers

Happy Tasty Tuesday!
I can't get enough of jalapeños and spicy food. I've always been the girl who gets her chicken wings extra hot and puts red pepper flakes in her pasta so when I came across this jalapeño popper recipe, I knew I would love it. They're definitely a crowd pleaser if you're bringing a snack to a friends house.

Ingredients:
  • 12 ounce of cream cheese softened
  • 1 block of cheddar cheese, grated
  • 12 ounces of jalapeño peppers
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 tbsp bacon bits
Directions:
  1. Cut jalapeño peppers in half and set aside seeds.
  2. In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, bacon bits and seeds of 3 jalapeños (the more you add the spicier they are).
  3. Spoon cream cheese mixture into jalapeños.
  4. In two separate bowls, place milk and peppers. Dip the stuffed jalapeños into the milk and then into the flour making sure they are completely coated.
  5. Let jalapeños sit for about 10 minutes, then dip them in milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs and let them dry (repeat this step until entire jalapeño surface is covered in breadcrumbs).
  6. Place jalapeños on a cookie sheet and bake them for 30 minutes on 350 degrees or until crispy. Finally, turn off oven and turn on broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes.
  7. Enjoy!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo