Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekend Wear: Silky Stripes

So.
 It's Monday again.
Despite not having any crazy plans this past weekend, I sure was busy. On Saturday I did find time to sneak over to the pool for a few hours and lie in the sun for a bit which brought me so much joy, you have no idea. I have waited 8 long months to plop myself on a raft and lounge in the water and I couldn't be happier that the warmer weather has finally arrived. 
Mother's Day was pretty chaotic as well. I got brunch with my mom at our local diner and then spent the day with her running various errands. It wasn't a very relaxing Mother's Day together but at least we were able to spend in together. Since we had such a big breakfast, we decided to skip lunch and dinner and just go out for ice cream instead! Pretty sure ice cream for dinner should be a mandatory thing in the summer, plus it gave me a night off from cooking!
It was so hot and muggy yesterday that I was grateful that I had the outfit pictured above on. First, give me a moment to rave about these shorts that I bought at Francesca's a few weeks ago. They are so comfortable because not only are they elastic waist (hence the reason I wore them for breakfast and ice cream) but they're made of this silky material that is so soft. I'm really loving the fun print trend that I've seen in so many shorts for summer. I think they give them a dressier look and I could definitely see myself wearing these shorts out at night because they can definitely be dressed up with a pair of wedges and a nice top. Francesca's had so many great affordable options so I suggest you check out your local shop.





Top Francesca's (similar style here) // Shorts
Bracelet // Bag Kate Spade (similar style here)
Necklace J Crew Factory (similar)  // Sandals // Sunnies
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Love those shorts! And yes, yesterday was very hot and muggy. I think that's part of the reason I ended up with a migraine mid day, or at least it didn't help my migraine.

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I think Francessca's is so cute, but it gives me anxiety when I go in there because nothing is organized AND I can rarely, if ever, find something in my size. But their accessories though... :)

    <3
    kimberrleigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look!! Blue and white stripes are a favorite of mine in the summer!
    xo
    Taylor
    http://tspoonfulofsugar.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Love those shorts!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice outfit. Love these shorts. xx
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cutie in stripes!

    God bless,
    Xo,Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute outfit for summer!!

    Brittany,
    www.lawyerlookbook.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo