Tuesday, May 5, 2015

New Recipe: Broccoli Casserole

Happy Tasty Tuesday
Lately I've been experimenting with new side dishes as opposed to actual meals. Side dishes contribute a lot to a meal and the same old potato/vegetable combo gets boring. With the weather warming up I've been taking advantage of grilling outside but combining it with a tasty side dish makes it still feel a little more formal. I got this casserole from my friend Meg's mother after she was raving about it a few weeks ago and I made it with ribs last Sunday night. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg frozen chopped broccoli
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup instant rice
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 8oz shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 stick of butter or margarine
Directions:
  • Melt margarine in a ceramic casserole dish.
  • Microwave broccoli according to package directions
  • Combine broccoli and the rest of ingredients in the casserole dish and stir so it's evenly mixed
  • Bake at 350 degree for 35-40 minutes
  • Enjoy
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This looks so good! I need to pin this for later use.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo