Tuesday, October 21, 2014

New Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie Soup with Homemade Crackers

Happy Tasty Tuesday!
Now that fall has officially arrived it's getting chillier outside and I've been gravitating towards more homemade meals. I especially love making a warm meal on Sundays to wrap up the weekend and finding new soups to try was high on my to-do list. Now this specific soup recipe is very easy to make, it took 20 minutes from start to finish and I was left with a delicious dinner. Plus I was able to whip up homemade crackers for dipping in less than 5 minutes!

Ingredients:
  • 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
  • 3 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 3 celery stalks, diced
  • 1 package of frozen mixed vegetables (I like the broccoli, carrot, cauliflower combo)
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • A pink of crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 package of Pillbury pie crust

Directions:
  • In a large pot melt butter under medium/high heat and add onion, celery, frozen vegetable mixture and peas for 5-7 minutes until thawed and softened.
  • Add flour and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
  • Slowly add chicken broth, cream, milk, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes-- mixing together.
  • Finally add chicken and warm under medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until warm. 
  • To make crackers, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Unwrap Pillsbury pie crust and using a knife, slice the pie crust into thin strips making individual crackers.
  • Lay pie crust strips onto a greased cookie sheet, baking for 6-8 minutes until crackers are golden brown (keep an eye on them because they burn easily). 
  • Enjoy!

Any recommendations on what soup recipe I should try next?
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. This looks so good!! I'm saving this for later girly!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your recipes! Always looks 10 times as good as how I would make it haha.

    Nathalie | THE COVETING
    www.thecoveting.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks soo good!! Although food in Italy is great, I miss being able to cook in my apartment in California!!

    www.taylormcunningham.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks so delicious and comforting! Happy Tuesday, Alex.
    www.lovecompassionatelee.com/behindthescenes

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea to make crackers! I was expecting it to be super difficult but I am surprised at how easy that is!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yum yum :) a delicious hearty meal for a chilly autumn day!

    xo, carli
    Puppies and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious! I love chicken pot pie so I am sure the soup is amazing!!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo