Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Best Sunglasses for Your Face

I'm a bit of a collector of sunglasses. I constantly change them up depending on what I'm wearing and my mood and keep a pair in all of my bags so I'm never without during those bright summer months. Personally, I don't have a specific style that I gravitate towards because depending on my mood I can go from classic, to feminine to colorful. However, it's good to keep in mind what style frames compliment your face the best. 
  1. Heart Shaped Face (wide forehead and cheek bones with a smaller chin) - Frames that are wider on the top than the bottom tend to work best for this face shape -- think cat-eye styles and classic wayfarers or the club-master style . 
  2. Oval Face (your face is longer than it is wide) - Frames that are oversized with a round or square shaped frame look best on you -- think these retro round styles or channel your inner Jackie O in these.
  3. Square Face (you have a strong jaw, wide forehead and cheeks) - Try angular frames with a 'shield style' like these Warby Parker Frames or classic aviators  with soft lines and thin frames that soften your shape.
  4. Round Face (round cheekbones with a narrower forehead and jawline) - Avoid round glasses, which will make your face seem even more fuller and opt for an angular frame wayfarer like these or an oversized aviator. 

What's your favorite sunglass style?

What I'm wearing:
Target Wayfarers // Oversized Michael Kors (similar style here)
Ray-Ban Blue Aviators // Kate Spade Cat-Eye Leopard (similar style here)
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I really like the bottom right hand corner ones. I usually keep 2 pairs of sunglasses and usually buy them from Forever21 when they have a great selection. Somehow my sunglasses always end up lost or broken. Whenever I go shopping for sunglasses, I feel like I try on almost every single pair before I decide which one(s) I am going to buy.

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here.. Thanks SO MUCH for this post! I couldn't figure out why sunglasses looked so strange on my round face. Now I know what to look for!

    - Sydney at Doe Eyed Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cat eye tortoise style look amazing on you xo

    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I feel like it always takes forever when I go sunglass shopping so this post will definitely be helpful.

    Jenni // The Beautiful Little Fools

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo