Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sunday Thoughts + Father's Day


Happy Sunday and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads (and other father figures) out there!
The weather here isn't really cooperating for a fun Father's Day, it's been raining on and off and it's quite muggy but I was able to cook my dad up some pancakes and bacon this morning on his special day. I appreciate him being quite patient with me because despite my success in the kitchen, pancakes definitely are not my forte. First of all, I am impressed with anyone who can get perfectly round pancakes because the ones I made were every shape except round, and second I am even more impressed with people who can successfully flip a pancake without it going everywhere. I am so uncoordinated and made such a mess making these this morning. Whoops.
Anyways, special thanks to my dad who has always supported me in everything I do and taught me not to worry or sweat the small stuff because everything works out in the end. Also thanks for passing down your love of ice cream to me, even though my hips aren't as grateful, ha!


What are you doing for the important men in your life today?
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. That's so nice of you to make your dad breakfast! I wasn't able to go home for Father's Day this year, but I did send my dad a gift box full of his favorite things :)

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Father's Day! I am impressed you can make pancakes - I always burn them when I try to make them...

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo