Monday, June 29, 2015

Spots and Seersucker

It's been a few days since I last did a blog post, my apologies. The summertime is just so hectic and I'm still struggling to nail down a schedule for blogging when I could be out eating my body weight in ice cream, haha. So lets catch up on what's been going on since last Thursday's post. First of all, we got exciting news on Friday that the Supreme Court ruled gay marriage legal in all 50 states! Reading all the beautiful stories of couples that have been together for years and are finally getting the chance to marry the one they love has been so amazing. This is a huge step for America and I am proud to live in a country where love wins!
On a more depressing note, this weather this weekend was GROSS! It was cold, rainy and damp which meant I lost a whole weekend of sun. It's amazing how much my tan can fade if I don't have the weekends to maintain it. Luckily, I have begun the countdown and I have less than 2 weeks until I head down to Cape May, New Jersey for some quality family and beach time, yay! I haven't taken a day off from work since last March when I went to Saint Maarten, so I'm looking forward to a break from the office.
This past Saturday was my youngest cousin Davin's 11th birthday so we all gathered together to celebrate. Normally in the summer we always BBQ outside, but since it rained we were all hanging out inside instead and enjoyed some comfort food instead of burgers and hot dogs. I'm hoping Mother Nature will get all this rain out of it's system by next weekend so we can be outside all 4th of July weekend long!






Top J Crew Factory, old (love this version) // Francesca's Skirt
Necklace J Crew Factory, old (similar) // Chloe + Isabel Bracelet
Kate Spade clutch, old
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I love how you mixed the patterns! I remember on the last season of Love, Lust or Run, Stacy London said that you can always mix prints as long as they are in the same color/ color palette or something like that. This turned out awesome.

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love that pattern mixing!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having the same problem establishing a schedule between everything going on this summer. I love this look - very preppy!

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO cute! I absolutely love it, Alex! Hope your week is off to a great start, sweet girl!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit!! You can't go wrong with seersucker!

    Carley @ preppylae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo