Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Favorites: Kinky Boots

TGIF!
The weekend is finally upon us, phew!
Tonight I'm going to our local Proctors Theater to see Kinky Boots! We're very lucky here in Albany because so many of the traveling Broadway shows make their way to our area every year. I always try an take advantage whenever they make their appearance because it's like seeing a Broadway show, only we're only 10 minutes away from home. These actors are Broadway trained and go across the country allowing us the opportunity to see these shows up close. 
Over the course of several years I've had the opportunity to see Wicked, Mama Mia, The Lion King, Mary Poppins and Book of Mormon at Proctors traveling Broadway program and I'm especially excited to add Kinky Boots to this list. I've been wanting to see this show for quite some time, it was the winner of six Tony awards including Best Musical, so I don't doubt this show is going to be one for the books. 
Next up on my wish list is Aladdin (which I want to see in NYC) and Cinderella (coming to Proctors next year!)

Have you seen Kinky Boots?
What's your favorite Broadway show?
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Hope you have a good time! Have a nice weekend xx

    Style by Avery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me how it is! I want to see it!

    www.colourfulcarla.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I love musical theater too! I still haven't seen Book of Mormon (i lost the lotto when I went and can't afford $150 per seat prices!) or Kinky Boots. Let me know what it's like!

    Meg of An Affair of Character

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard that is a great one to see! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Kinky Boots when it was in previews on Chicago and loved it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo