Saturday, December 13, 2014

Weekend Reading

Currently I'm recovering from a whirlwind day trip to NYC and I'm looking forward to staying snuggled up on the couch watching Christmas movies. For those of you in the same hibernation mode as me, here are some weekend reads...
  • Speaking of snuggling up, my go-to warm me up trick is Harry and David's Peppermint Hot Chocolate mix. Harry and David is one of my favorite stores to visit when I go to the outlets because they always have really unique spices and dessert ideas, I have never once left there empty handed. If you're looking to shop for the "foodie" in your life this holiday season, I definitely recommend checking out their website (how fun is this Book of Christmas Cookies?!).
  • I can't get enough of J Crew Factory's new line of loafer, I literally want every single pair they have to offer but most recently I've been lusting over these Cheers Loafers that are perfect for the holiday season!
  • This winter I've had a bad case of dry skin, luckily the Undeniable Report comes to the rescue with this article on How to Combat Dry Winter Skin! I need to get my hands on some coconut oil ASAP! Bonus: are you following The Undeniable Report on Pinterest? They have so many great holiday pins.
  • Looking for a new book? Currently I'm finishing up The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta, a New York Times Best Seller which tells the story of the "Sudden Departure" when 1/3 of the Earth's population vanishes into thin air. Now those who were left behind are forced to deal with the repercussions of this mass exit. This book is super interesting and I originally turned to it after I watched season 1 of The Leftovers, a new series that aired on HBO last summer. 
  • I'm sure you've heard me complain lately about taking outfit pictures outside in the cold. Well the other day the College Prepster did a funny post about people coming up to her on the street when she was taking blog photos asking her "aren't you cold?". It definitely made me chuckle a bit... the answer is always "yes I'm cold...but only for a couple minutes!"
  • I know this is going to make me sound like an old lady but I really recommend LL Bean's Bathrobes. I'm always cold and in the winter sometimes PJ's aren't enough to keep me warm. These fleece robes are super warm and come in a variety of colors and you know because it's from LL Bean, the robe will be great quality.
What are you up to this weekend?
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I am seriously loving that blog planner pictured above. I really need to make one of those. Thanks for sharing.

    Felicia
    http://www.belovedstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you got that blog planner! Jealous over here! Can't wait to look at all these great links!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the J Crew Factory cheers loafers too! Also, I think I need one of those blog planners :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to get one of those blog planners! Can't wait to check out these links!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. that blog planner is awesome, and I bet NYC was awesome! thanks for the book suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo