Monday, December 8, 2014

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

I finally got my hair cut this weekend and I feel so much better now! I was starting to look like a Duggar girl with my long hair and it was getting pretty ratty so I wanted to make sure I had a fresh start for the holidays. Let me tell you, if I ever hit the lotto I'm going to hire someone to come to my house and wash my hair every day because theres nothing better than a trip to the salon for some pampering. So I'm officially three inches lighter in the hair department! 
I've been gravitating towards silk tops lately, which probably isn't the best decision because it's freezing outside, but I just like the flowy look silk gives to an outfit. When I first spotted this silk top a few months ago it immediately made me think of Beetlejuice. Now most people would be turned off by that statement but of course I loved every minute of it! Instead of pairing it with matching striped pants ala Michael Keaton (that would be a little over the top, don't you think?) I decided to go with a pair of basic black Gigi pants and my favorite dalmatian print loafers (which I bought years ago as a homage to my favorite villain of all time Cruella DeVill)... apparently I went with a movie theme for this outfit, haha!
Theres something classic about an all black and white outfit and I don't tend to do it often, instead choosing to add a pop of color to neutral pieces. Side note: when I took these photos it was below freezing outside. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive 4 more months of winter as a blogger!






Chunky Bracelet Charming Charlies, old (love these versions here and here)
Belt C Wonder, old (similar here) // Bow Tie Bangle // 
Loafers Material Girl, old (only available at Amazon) // Sunnies // Beau Bag

What's the craziest item in your wardrobe?
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. The striped blouse is amazing!
    Suits so soo well honey!

    xoxo Colli // my blog - tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this and love that you associated it with the movie Beetlejuice!

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're totally rocking this look!! && the haircuts so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks fantastic!!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the monochromatic colors of your outfit! And those loafers are too adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a chic looking outfit and those loafers...I am in love with them!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the blouse looks perfect on you! Loving the loafers and the kate spade bag as well too. And just got my hair cut, too! Def agree that would be awesome to have your hair done every day.

    xo, carli
    Puppies and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo