Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday Thoughts + NYC Recap

Happy Sunday!
We're getting closer and closer to the big day! It was so nice to spend Friday in New York City and it definitely put me in the holiday spirit! I wanted to share a recap of my trip with you, it was a whirlwind but always a fun tradition to do with my mom.

  • We started out Friday morning with breakfast in Macy's followed by some shopping there. It was so nice to be there early Friday morning because it wasn't crowded and I was able to browse without feeling crowded.
  • After Macy's we headed down to the Flat Iron district. Fashion/blogger lovers, this is a really great area to shop. First of all, its not in the middle of the NYC hub-bub, so the lack of crowds allow you to shop without being miserable. They also have a fantastic street of shops including Kate Spade, Madewell, C Wonder, J Crew, Loft, Club Monaco, Zara, Lucky Brand, etc. I was eager to get into C Wonder, Zara and Madewell because they are two shops I don't have access to in upstate NY so it was nice to actually visit a store instead of just shopping online. 
  • After doing some major shopping in the Flat Iron District we were hungry so we made our way  towards Clyde Frazier's Wine and Dine. It's quite a hike from the Flat Iron District and I was getting very hangry. Then when we (finally) got to the restaurant we found out the restaurant was closed for a private party! My poor mom had to deal with my "I'm so hungry I could die meltdown", which is a common occurrence. Luckily we were able to find a nice Irish pub outside Times Square which was quite tasty.
  • Towards the end of the night we went to see the tree at Rockefeller Center, again it wasn't crowded at all and we were able to take our yearly selfie. New York City really does amazing things when it comes to the holidays, the tree is stunning and the window displays are really fantastic. 
  • Finally we finished up our night at Lord and Taylor whose shoe section is one of my favorites. They have such an awesome selection, I wish I could buy every pair without having to lug them throughout the city!

The rest of my weekend was pretty mundane, but I'm not complaining. I wrapped a ton of presents which was very productive and also caught up on my blogging. These next few weeks are going to be crazy with family getting into town and I am really looking forward to all the chaos!

What did you do this weekend?
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Aw this looks like so much fun! I love NYC and I am just dying to go back!

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had such a fun time! I have never been to NYC over Christmas but it is on my bucket list - I want to see the tree in Rockefeller Center!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo