Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Throwing Shade


So in addition to my collections of bathing suits and statement jewelry, I also have a pretty big collection of sunglasses. Over the years I have accumulated many different styles, brands and colors with various price ranges. The reason I love having so many different sunglasses is that each pair tells a story of adventures I've worn them on and they each have their own personality. More so, I like how I can change my sunglasses depending on my mood. Although my most worn pair is probably a pair of aviators I like to mix it up and experiment with different styles. 

I have a round face so larger sunglasses with a square or aviator frame tends to look best on my face, which is find with me because the larger the frame, the more I'm going to like them. I found this fun little article on Oprah's Website that lets you know what style to buy for your face, check it out and let me know what style works best for you:



What sunnie style do you prefer?
Does the style you prefer match you face shape?

Green Aviators // Oversized Baroque Swirl Shades (Thanks Meggie for showing me these beauties!)
xoxo

13 comments:

  1. I used to wear wayfarers, but I switched to a different style from BonLook last month and I love it! It is the J'adore!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with the cat eye shape at the moment. P.S -that picture of you is adorable!
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a sunnies problem, I love them all! I have worn Karen Walker (the same pair) for over 2 years now. I love her quality and style.

    Ashley | History in High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title of this post! Also your sunglass picks are fantastic- I'm in love with those cat eye ones from Banana Republic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning collection honey...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my opinion there is no such thing as too many sunglasses! I love the tortise ones!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only have two pairs of sunnies and I definitely need to fix that! I never thought of them as an accessory I needed a lot of before but I am starting to think I can use different ones for each outfit!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like that Warby Parker tortoiseshell pair! I have a rounder face, too, so I totally agree with you that oversized frames can be the best bet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't with the title to this blog..LOLZ

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am the same way when it comes to sunglasses, I love to change them with my outfits. I tend to go for the same shape. Love the tortoises shell.

    bmorepreppy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could get into sunglasses. I just cant though! I seriously sit or lose every pair I get within a month! I dont see how people keep up with them! But I loved the article on what shape I should use for my face! I might have to try what it suggested!!! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2nd one down on the right hand side. Prada, I believe? LOVE!

    www.thesequinedswans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo