Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday Thoughts + A Weekend Recap

Another weekend has come and gone, but this was a fun one. I have serious case of spring fever and I can't wait for the weather to start to cooperate. It's supposed to get cold again this week and then warm up again by next weekend! To say I'm already wishing this work week away is an understatement. 

Heres a quick recap of my weekend:

  • Friday afternoon I got the news that my cousin Zach will be doing his residency at Baystate Hospital in Massachusetts! I am so happy and proud of him and I'm quite excited it's only a 90 minute drive so I can go visit! He was even on the local news: Match Day.
  • Saturday afternoon was full of errands. I started picking things up for Costa Rica including fun stuff: a new bathing suit and maxi dress from Target and not so fun stuff: Dramamine for motion sickness. Is it just me or could you spend hundreds of dollars in Target without even realizing it....? I also may have ordered a few Nautical themed items from J Crew Factory...
  • My other cousin Josh was home visiting from Chicago, so after my errands I spent the rest of my afternoon catching up on Costa Rica plans and playing a couple of our favorite old school video games including Paperboy and Super Smash Brothers.
  • Saturday night, we had a huge family dinner to celebrate Zach's residency placement and Josh's homecoming. We had a family trivia game after dinner as well... we like to play games in this family.
  • What's fun about when Josh comes home is that I get to see a lot of his friends too, who are like family to me because we grew up together. Plus it's always fun to talk fashion with Carla... if you're looking for an amazing blog about home decor and fashion you must check her out!
  • After family left we moved to a second location for more games and catching up. Have you guys ever played the board game "The Game of Things"? If you're looking for a good party game, I highly recommend it.
  • Today I was supposed to go take a New York State Exam, however, IT GOT CANCELED! Not going to lie... I'm pretty excited.. I just wasn't in the test taking mood today. So instead I'll be catching up on some blogs, and writing some fun posts for next week.
What did you do this weekend?
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great weekend! Love that quote and congrats to your cousin!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your cousin! :) And the fact that your test got canceled! Wooo! Hope the remaining hours of your weekend are awesome! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend Alex! Congratulations to your cousin- that's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO amazing that your cousin matched! My brother matched on Friday as well. Lots of stress of the family's shoulders, to say the least! :)

    xx
    Kelly
    kellyinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you had a good weekend! Hopefully it will kick off a great week :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like such a fun weekend! & I'm happy your cousin will have his residency less than two hours away!

    P.S. LOVE that quote too - it's me in a nutshell because I don't know what I want to do, but I'm sure it'll all work out.

    xo, B
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo