Sunday, March 29, 2015

Weekend Reads

Good Morning!
After the snow we got yesterday, it was nice to wake up and see the sun shining. I'm hoping that by mid-afternoon all of yesterdays snow melts into grass. I just have to keep reminding myself that spring will be here soon, especially with April around the corner. 

Here is what I'm loving this week:
  • I discovered Lord & Taylor's Design Lab a few months ago and really fell in love with the brands spring collection. Well they recently expanded their line and have so many gorgeous dresses and tops in a variety of prints. Bonus: they're really affordable and always have sales!
  • Last December I got hooked on the podcast Serial, the story of Adnan Syed a highschooler who was convicted of murdering his ex-girlfriend. Well, I'm a sucker for a good crime story and my friend Meg recently got me hooked on the new HBO docu-series The Jinx: The Life & Death of Robert Durst. This six part examination tells the story of millionaire Robert Durst who was suspected of killing three different people, including his wife, over the course of thirty years.
  • Now that vacation is over, I've already started looking at flights to Chicago this summer for a long weekend. This means I'll be back to budgeting and scanning different websites for different flight deals, which is why I recommend this article on How to Save When Planning Your Next Trip.
  • The only good thing about coming home from vacation is seeing all the spring arrivals out in full force. I'm looking forward to going out to the mall next weekend and investing in a few key pieces for spring including these white skinny jeans from Madewell.
  • With easter right around the corner I've been researching different Easter themed desserts and bread ideas to try. These hot cross buns are the perfect mix and look delicious.
  • While in St. Maarten I lived in these Sephora temporary tattoos. They definitely will be a summer staple in a few months because they're like jewelry, except they can't fall off and you can wear them in the water!
  • Lately I've been on the job hunt, looking to promote myself professionally so I can "move up the corporate ladder." So I loved this article by the Everygirl about 5 Ways to Develop Confidence in the Workplace
**Update: I also wanted to share with you the good news that Georgia has been found!! You can read all about her reunion with my friend Eric here!**

What are you up to this weekend?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo